Did I just have a lifter failure?

Here’s the quick and dirty. 2014, 6.2 High Country, 107,000 miles was running fine completely normal. Stopped at a gas station and got some gas. Pulled out drove down the road a little bit started thinking it was shuttering Then another thousand feet it was clearly shuttering and at this point the engine light was flashing and the stability track light was on. The truck will continue to run but basically had what felt like multiple cylinders misfiring. I realize there’s a small chance it could be bad gasoline but I guess I’m leaning towards the lifter issue just because I have four friends that had the lift or failure in there 6.2 L motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could also easily be a valvespring.  14 and early 15s with 6.2s are prone to breaking exhaust springs.  

And sometimes when they go, you end up splitting the block in HALF.  Ask me how I know! 

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me today.  I filled up with 91 then a few miles later the engine started audibly knocking at low revs/part throttle. I  went in hp tuners and adjusted the tune and now instead of knocking i get a bad studder/ hesitation in the same rpm range/part throttle. No CEL though.  Was told by my tuner bad fuel as well. I'm guna put e85 in to wash out the bad fuel and see if it actually fixes the problem. 

Highly suggest you pull codes.  If it has misfires all over, eh, ok, I might believe bad gas.  But if it’s one cylinder, need to stop driving and start digging.  

Sorry I should’ve said the truck will run if I am feathering the throttle and really focusing on keeping it going. I shut it down after I got pulled off the road and had it towed into the shop. They probably can’t look at it until Wednesday or Thursday or Friday or some ****** but I’ll let y’all know what they say.

Unless you guys are fueling up at abandoned gas stations or going to the no name guy who tries to water it down you are not purchasing bad fuel. Listen to @CamGTP and see what cylinder is the problem and then start testing.

It went directly to the shop. I was just curious as to what maybe I could expect and I thought the just getting gas might have been a clue. I will assure you you will be the first to know as soon as he gets hooked up to a tester which will be Thursday or Friday.

P0301
#1 cylinder misfire

Shop hasn’t looked at it yet I just took my code reader over there and decided to read it because I was close by the shop. I figured the way it was running or not running it was more than just one cylinder not firing. However my code reader is just that it’s not fancy at all.