Interior design

Am I the only one who loves the interior design of the new Silverado’s? I read so many reviews in which they talk about its poor quality. I actually love the design. The texture and placement of the knobs, hvac controls, etc... it is very functional and easy to use. The speedometer is a bit boring, but I have come to appreciate its simplicity.

• Like 4

The only thing i dislike is the rotary knobs on the steering wheel. I keep accidentally changing my info screen when i turn. Other than that, it’s more comfortable even than my 17. The pedal placement is better. I’m 6’5” and need all the legroom i can get. The 20 Silverado is the most comfortable truck i have ever owned. Except maybe my first, a ‘76 Chevy with a bench seat that i could stretch my right leg on when traveling. Or, it could be that i was a wee bit more flexible back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine. I don't mind the material I prefer hard plastic it feels more rugged. However, I feel like there is not enough arm support. Like I can either hold the steering wheel or rest my arm but not both and the speedo have too many notches. I prefere the old one was easier to read increment of 10 with one notch in between. Other than that it is pretty comfortable ride i like where the knobs are placed and the way it looks.

I like the trim stitching and really like the center arm rest on at leas the bench seat version due to it being so soft. The cubby on the dash is also nice for a phone or some sunglasses.

The least impressive interior item, in my opinion, has to be the seats. Yes, I didn’t go for the power or leather seats, but I would expect a little more out of a $50000 vehicle. They truly are rock-hard and have no height adjustment so my wife has issues seeing over the dash. 

Aside from the seats, very pleased with the interior. Not a single hint of a rattle so far.

If I didn't like it I wouldn't of purchased a 2020 Silverado......

I don't need flashy in a truck....it has the features I want and works well for me. 

I could care less what an online reviewer or anyone else says, they didn't pay for the truck and aren't driving it.

If I like it, that's all that matters. ? 

Some of the plastics are cheap and don’t wear well. In the winter I get some rattles too.

But really, the center stack is the main thing that could use help. While the screen is a good enough size for me, it looks tiny in the expanse of cheap matte black plastics. Not nearly enough contrast.

And then there’s the damn blank switches that are all over most lower trims. Even in the high end trucks, there’s a blank right in the middle of the radio buttons! I assume it was intended to be the “eject” button, but then they cost-cut the disk drive out, and left everyone with a blank. Stuff like that got these trucks roasted by the automotive media, and rightfully so. 

• Like 1

Absolutely love the interior of these trucks. Have a buddy with the big screen in the ram and it’s a pain in the ass to use. Have to dig through menus on a touchscreen to do basic things. 

I do agree with what someone said above, the black plastic around the screen could be more exciting, and that huge blank button annoys me lol. But hey overall love it. The infotainment is way better than the k2 trucks. Way more responsive, crisp and clear, feels like an iPhone. Definitely one of my favourite things. 

On 5/31/2020 at 11:09 PM, TexasBB said:

The only thing i dislike is the rotary knobs on the steering wheel. I keep accidentally changing my info screen when i turn. Other than that, it’s more comfortable even than my 17. The pedal placement is better. I’m 6’5” and need all the legroom i can get. The 20 Silverado is the most comfortable truck i have ever owned. Except maybe my first, a ‘76 Chevy with a bench seat that i could stretch my right leg on when traveling. Or, it could be that i was a wee bit more flexible back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrecked my 19 GMC in January. The air bag deployed and and it destroyed the rotary knobs. They just came in Friday, and were installed yesterday. Took GM 5 months to get them. Driving the truck with them being loose was pure hell. Every bump would change the display. 

I am impressed with the interior of my Sierra. Before I bought it, I knew the reviews all complained about the interior. The F150 is dated, but coming up for a redesign. I can't stand the Ram, especially that stupid knob transmission shifter. The navigation system is much easier to use than our BMW 5 series. Time will tell how it holds up, but am very happy with the interior.

• Like 1

I can see the faults with mine, but I don't hate it. The build quality is actually quite good in my experience. The panel gaps are tight and I haven't experienced any rattles. Yeah, there's some hard plastic, but there's also plenty of soft touch materials. It doesn't have the luxury look of the Ram, it's a good ole' honest pickup truck interior with a few luxury touches. 

Long live the column shifter. 

• Like 2