Lack of options for D load, 6 or 8 ply tires

More of a rant, just surprised at the total lack of options for a 33” tire that isn’t SL 4 ply or heavy ass E load tire.   My half ton truck has zero need for an load tire and the heavy unsprung weight that accompanies it, but I want a bit more off road protection and load range than an SL tire, but very few all terrain options in the middle category for either a 275/60r20 stock size. 

115 is the stock load rating which is 2679LBS.

Grabber a/TX is a D with a rating of 119 (2998lbs), you would need to call general tire to find out what PSI to run to matain 2679 load rating.

KO2 is the same

Stock tire only weighs 40lbs, even D range KO2 weigh 15 pounds more.

Anytime you go from a P rating (now dropped on newer tires) to an LT you are going to need to get the psi chart from manufacturers. Some make it easy, some don't.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Same here, don’t want the hard LT ride with 45+ psi but would like something a little tougher for mesquite thorns around here. I may try the falken wildpeak at3 in SL rating. Supposedly they have a little tougher sidewall than the p rated Bridgestones I have now according to my local tire shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk