JBL Speakers

11 minutes ago, Booma1218 said:

Just ordered a set of JBL concert series for my 2020 LT Trail Boss...Anyone else running these speakers???What is everyone running for there after market door speakers?

I was looking at the GTO series by JBL and was wondering the same thing if anyone was running then

I was looking at those ones also,but it said the rears wouldn’t fit in the doors...I wanted to keep the speakers matching so i went with the concert series..Plus they were on sale,and crutchfield gave me free harnesses,and speaker adapters .I ended up spending 150$ for the 6x9 fronts,both my 6.5 rears,harnesses plug and play for all the speakers,and both adapter kits for 150 with 2 day shipping was a no brainer for me...You running an amp???

31 minutes ago, Booma1218 said:

I was looking at those ones also,but it said the rears wouldn’t fit in the doors...I wanted to keep the speakers matching so i went with the concert series..Plus they were on sale,and crutchfield gave me free harnesses,and speaker adapters .I ended up spending 150$ for the 6x9 fronts,both my 6.5 rears,harnesses plug and play for all the speakers,and both adapter kits for 150 with 2 day shipping was a no brainer for me...You running an amp???

Your going to have to run an amp to get the most out of those speakers.  To get out of running an amp, you have to go for lower power speakers.  The radio, even the Bose amp, doesn’t  put out much power.

Similar radio in my wife’s Traverse, used some Pioneers in the doors, no amp.  Huge improvement.  Did Crutchfield for them as well, frees adaptors and wiring harnesses, $50 I think, they were on sale as well.  Took maybe 1.5 hours total.  That’s doing the sound deadening as well.

Got Bose in my 2020 RST, so just gonna add a subwoofer.

7 hours ago, Paul 2020RST said:

Your going to have to run an amp to get the most out of those speakers.  To get out of running an amp, you have to go for lower power speakers.  The radio, even the Bose amp, doesn’t  put out much power.

Similar radio in my wife’s Traverse, used some Pioneers in the doors, no amp.  Huge improvement.  Did Crutchfield for them as well, frees adaptors and wiring harnesses, $50 I think, they were on sale as well.  Took maybe 1.5 hours total.  That’s doing the sound deadening as well.

Got Bose in my 2020 RST, so just gonna add a subwoofer.

I plan on adding an amp,and sub...I reached out to 2 different people who make the harnesses for our trucks so it's a plug and play for the amp...One place said they're closed until september,and the LLj place has yet to respond...

2 hours ago, Booma1218 said:

I plan on adding an amp,and sub...I reached out to 2 different people who make the harnesses for our trucks so it's a plug and play for the amp...One place said they're closed until september,and the LLj place has yet to respond...

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people comment on some other threads that’s the issue with LLJ.

Are you doing anything with the dash speakers?  I know Sundown audio makes a drop in speaker that sounds really good.  Probably one of the best sounding 2.75 speakers I’ve heard.

2 hours ago, Paul 2020RST said:

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people comment on some other threads that’s the issue with LLJ.

Are you doing anything with the dash speakers?  I know Sundown audio makes a drop in speaker that sounds really good.  Probably one of the best sounding 2.75 speakers I’ve heard.

I was looking into those,but couldn't find anything on crutchfield...Thanks for the heads up on the sundown ones...I'm going to look into them...

I installed Alpine S series 6"x9" and 6.5" on my non-Bose LTZ this past week.  Huge improvement over stock as far as clarity, mild improvement in bass.  Well worth the upgrade for $147 all in, I was able to score some open box items through Crutchfield, and it came with everything for a easy install.  I have a sub and amp ready to be installed, but I'm trying to figure out a mounting solution I like first.

For comparison it would have cost me an additional $1000 to get the Convenience 2 package with Bose, Nav, and the wireless charging pad.  I really hated the wireless charger since it takes up the whole front storage, and I use apple carplay everyday for charging and Nav, so it would have been pointless.

Edited by pewterliftedz

So I installed my JBL concert series speakers...The total install took about 1&1/2 hrs with sprakers brackets and plug a d play harnesses...They sound literally a 100x better than the stock crap without an amp....I have the 8" IOR radio non bose and these speakers made a huge difference in sound...In the speakers with everything for 150$ and was here in 2 days...I highly recommend the Bose Concert series on Crutchfield...They're on sale right now too..

2 hours ago, Booma1218 said:

So I installed my JBL concert series speakers...The total install took about 1&1/2 hrs with sprakers brackets and plug a d play harnesses...They sound literally a 100x better than the stock crap without an amp....I have the 8" IOR radio non bose and these speakers made a huge difference in sound...In the speakers with everything for 150$ and was here in 2 days...I highly recommend the Bose Concert series on Crutchfield...They're on sale right now too..

How’s the bass and clarity at high volumes without an amp?

I have the kicker system for the 14-18 double cab that amps your speakers as well as the sub. Sounds amazing and the added power really brings even the factory speakers to life. Was $1250 new, just trying to get rid of it since I sold the truck - let me know if any of y'all are interested!

On 8/12/2020 at 3:37 PM, pewterliftedz said:

I installed Alpine S series 6"x9" and 6.5" on my non-Bose LTZ this past week.  Huge improvement over stock as far as clarity, mild improvement in bass.  Well worth the upgrade for $147 all in, I was able to score some open box items through Crutchfield, and it came with everything for a easy install.  I have a sub and amp ready to be installed, but I'm trying to figure out a mounting solution I like first.

For comparison it would have cost me an additional $1000 to get the Convenience 2 package with Bose, Nav, and the wireless charging pad.  I really hated the wireless charger since it takes up the whole front storage, and I use apple carplay everyday for charging and Nav, so it would have been pointless.

Do you have the model numbers you used. I checked crutchfield and they said they do not fit.  Thank you in advance.