Goodyear Ultraterrain 275/60 65 or 285/65

thegrizz

As the title states I am putting some new tires on the truck.  Right now I have the 275/60/20 Bridgestone Alenza. 

I have pretty much decided on the Goodyear Ultraterrain.  We like to wheel on OBX and head to the mountains in the winter so these seem like a great option imo.

My question I have stock suspension.  I originally wanted to go with a 285/65/20 to give it a beefier look.  Then I started looking at going with the stock size but noticed it was an SL rated.

As someone who will be towing in the future should I go with the larger tire size in the E load or will I be fine with an SL?

Thanks for the help. 

27 minutes ago, thegrizz said:

As the title states I am putting some new tires on the truck.  Right now I have the 275/60/20 Bridgestone Alenza. 

I have pretty much decided on the Goodyear Ultraterrain.  We like to wheel on OBX and head to the mountains in the winter so these seem like a great option imo.

My question I have stock suspension.  I originally wanted to go with a 285/65/20 to give it a beefier look.  Then I started looking at going with the stock size but noticed it was an SL rated.

As someone who will be towing in the future should I go with the larger tire size in the E load or will I be fine with an SL?

Thanks for the help. 

You will be fine with the SL, just check that the tire's load rating meets your needs.  E would be necessary on 2500s and 3500s.

I recommend you check out the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.  These are great tires.

43 minutes ago, hihosilverado said:

Ken....your truck looks great.  What lift/level kit do you have?

Thank you.  I have the GM AT4 lift.  I also added the Zone 1.75 level kit and UCAs to be safe.  I think this photo is before I added the level though.

Ken, the truck looks great. As for the topic here, I have the stock Goodyear Duratracs on my truck with 11,000 miles on them and they have been great. Off road they perform and on road they only whine a little. I couldn't be happier even if they are the stock tire. As for the tire width, you really do need to check max turn on the wheel wells...

20201002_070654.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  Decided not to go with a 285.  My choices are 275/60 in SL or 275/65 in E with the Ultraterrain.  Leaning towards the 75 since it will be a bit taller and tougher tire.  I've never had anything other than LT tires on my trucks so to me the SL's are a bit mushy. 

Discount Tire tells me the 275/65/20 will fit no problem.  I agree.  Anyone have any experience?

11 hours ago, thegrizz said:

Thanks everyone.  Decided not to go with a 285.  My choices are 275/60 in SL or 275/65 in E with the Ultraterrain.  Leaning towards the 75 since it will be a bit taller and tougher tire.  I've never had anything other than LT tires on my trucks so to me the SL's are a bit mushy. 

Discount Tire tells me the 275/65/20 will fit no problem.  I agree.  Anyone have any experience?

I have the 275/65/20 Ultra terrains on a 2019 Silverado with a front level only. They fit great and do not rub at all and I have 10000 on them so far and they are wearing great.

51 minutes ago, arvid.garey said:

I have the 275/65/20 Ultra terrains on a 2019 Silverado with a front level only. They fit great and do not rub at all and I have 10000 on them so far and they are wearing great.

you figure they would fit without a level?  Seems to be a lot of wheel well left to fill on these trucks. 

53 minutes ago, thegrizz said:

you figure they would fit without a level?  Seems to be a lot of wheel well left to fill on these trucks. 

They are a full 1" taller. I am not sure if that would fit or not, sorry.