Am I being offered a good deal? Buying a 2020 RST

Imcrazy

On 9/29/2020 at 12:36 PM, Ed/2020RST said:

I just bought my RST a month ago and haven't had any Transmission issues but doing my "Pre-Buy" research, I found that the issue was somehow related to the type fluid used from the factory---Fluid changed no more issue??? 

That's GM's official take on it.  Complete fluid flush helps the shifting issues of the 8spd.  Your transmission already has the correct fluid installed from the factory.  If you do experience shifting issues, I wouldn't suspect the fluid.  Although that would be the cheapest thing to change.

I haven't had any issues with my 8spd yet.  What I didn't like was the transmission programming / mapping when it was newer.  Weird downshifts and such.  After a few thousand miles, that went away. 

That's a great deal on the 2020 RST.  I don't think you will find it much cheaper right now.

Edited by Vicarod

• 2 weeks later...

Deal worked out as I had originally stated... Now I have a 2020 RST Z71 Crew Cab in the garage! Do miss the ole K2 a little bit but, the huge cab will be really nice for my family and I to travel around in and I over all I feel like the T1 is a better truck than the K2..

Thanks for the input guys!

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 11:43 AM, BIGDOGx said:

Wow i need to maybe think about trading up to something if these are the used prices they are giving right now. If your getting 21k offered for a lt double cab then my all terrain double cab loaded with the 6.2 should be in the 25-30k range especially considering i only have 40k on it vs. your over 100k and still has a year of warranty left on it.

Do it! I was able to Score a 21’ SLT Sierra Diesel today. With dealer and Costco Discounts it was 10k off List plus gave me $33500 for my 17’ CC LT w/41k. 

• Like 1

That's actually a good deal considering the pick-up shortage. My 2019 RST 5.3 4x4 is worth the same as the price I bought it at... $43k.

Fun to drive, suspension on the RST Z71 is a little too sporty and tricky, causing the rear end to slide. That is my only complaint. Otherwise, a solid truck.

With the roll out of the Electric Hummer today, I can' help but feel this very well may be the last generation of GM trucks with internal combustion engines. The truck I buy from this generation will likely be my last car or truck that I buy if that is the case.

5 hours ago, Likarok said:

With the roll out of the Electric Hummer today, I can' help but feel this very well may be the last generation of GM trucks with internal combustion engines. The truck I buy from this generation will likely be my last car or truck that I buy if that is the case.

I 100% disagree... I don't think the internal combustion engine will ever go away and I'll never buy an electric car if I can help it..

On 10/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, Likarok said:

The idiot governor of CA wants to outlaw the ICE by 2035.  Meanwhile their electric utility is responsible (faulty equipment) for millions of acres burned each year and every summer Californians are subject to rolling blackouts because PG&E can't produce enough electricity.  WTF is he smoking?  

3 hours ago, LowCountryDenali said:

The idiot governor of CA wants to outlaw the ICE by 2035.  Meanwhile their electric utility is responsible (faulty equipment) for millions of acres burned each year and every summer Californians are subject to rolling blackouts because PG&E can't produce enough electricity.  WTF is he smoking?  

Agreed, I don’t understand the EV push, especially when America hasn’t built a power plant since 2016 before that it dates back to 1996. Your not going to be able to have a 35%+ EV auto market and expect it to not strain our power grid. Considering right now I think we’ee right around 3% EV.