Am I being offered a good deal? Buying a 2020 RST

Imcrazy

Good Evening all..

I am considering trading in my 2016 Silverado 1500 Double Cab LT5.3 4x4 with 104k miles  for a new 2020 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab 5.3 4x4.

Only options on the RST are 5.3L, All-Star Package,  Z71 Package, Bed Protection Package & Trailer Brake Controller. MSRP is $50,800

They're talking $40,600 purchase price

Offering a trade in on my truck of $21,500 KBB says $20,500, NADA says $24,000, Autonation offered me $20,600 against an F150, Carvana offered to buy it outright for $20,000

2.99% APR through my credit union for up to 78 months..

Seems like a fair deal to me? About $10k off the new truck and considering a few months ago I looked just for the heck of it and I was being told $19k trade in on my truck I'm thinking it's a good deal but, it's been a while since i seriously shopped.

Reason to trade? We have a baby on the way and car seats and double cabs aren't a great mix.. Not a huge deal we can get the seat in there, shopped for the most compact one we could but, still not awesome...

Thanks!

Edited by Imcrazy

That sounds like a great deal to me. Just be weary of the 8 speed transmission with the 5.3. It's been problematic for years in various GM vehicles. Some owners never have an issue, some have all kinds. But the price is strong regardless and the trade seems fair, too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BluegrassMotorsport said:

That sounds like a great deal to me. Just be weary of the 8 speed transmission with the 5.3. It's been problematic for years in various GM vehicles. Some owners never have an issue, some have all kinds. But the price is strong regardless and the trade seems fair, too. 

I had a 17 GMC with the 8 speed and it clunked and clunked and never did seem exactly right, but in '19 RST it has been just as smooth as silk.  No issues in over a year.  Maybe luck of the draw or maybe they are actually figuring the 8-speed out.  BTW sounds like a good deal to me too, and if you are needing back seat room for car seats the new crew cab has tons of it.  

• Like 1

Sounds good to me.  Congratulations on starting a family!   Having a new vehicle with a fresh bumper to bumper warranty will add peace of mind during this exciting time.  The only caveat I will add is that this is assuming your finances are solid.  A baby's needs are your highest priority and cannot take second place to a car payment.  If your finances are already tight,   then I highly recommend not adding to a vehicle payment.

• Like 1

Looks like a good deal to me.  If I could find a 3.0 Duramax I'd lean towards it for economy and 10 speed.  GM is offering it for a $995 uncharge at the moment.    

Congrats on the new baby and GO Tribe!

Edited by LowCountryDenali
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, Imcrazy said:

Only options on the RST are 5.3L, All-Star Package,  Z71 Package, Bed Protection Package & Trailer Brake Controller. MSRP is $50,800

That's not too bad.  I paid around 42500 with your options and added the following on a 2020 RST: Convenience packages I & II, advanced trailering, wheel liners. I think my MSRP was around 53,800.  It just really depends on what options you want, and which ones you can live without.  Either way 10k off a new truck is nice.

Good Evening all..

I am considering trading in my 2016 Silverado 1500 Double Cab LT5.3 4x4 with 104k miles  for a new 2020 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab 5.3 4x4.

Offering a trade in on my truck of $21,500 KBB says $20,500, NADA says $24,000, Autonation offered me $20,600 against an F150, Carvana offered to buy it outright for $20,000

Seems like a fair deal to me? About $10k off the new truck and considering a few months ago I looked just for the heck of it and I was being told $19k trade in on my truck I'm thinking it's a good deal but, it's been a while since i seriously shopped.

Reason to trade? We have a baby on the way and car seats and double cabs aren't a great mix.. Not a huge deal we can get the seat in there, shopped for the most compact one we could but, still not awesome...

Thanks!

Wow i need to maybe think about trading up to something if these are the used prices they are giving right now. If your getting 21k offered for a lt double cab then my all terrain double cab loaded with the 6.2 should be in the 25-30k range especially considering i only have 40k on it vs. your over 100k and still has a year of warranty left on it.

Good Evening all..

Thanks!

I was going to do a similar deal with the RST,but the 8 speed transmission was the deal breaker for me...I went with the LT Trail Boss with the 10 speed Transmission and glad I did..IF your RST comes with the 10 speed trans then do the deal

1 hour ago, Booma1218 said:

I was going to do a similar deal with the RST,but the 8 speed transmission was the deal breaker for me...I went with the LT Trail Boss with the 10 speed Transmission and glad I did..IF your RST comes with the 10 speed trans then do the deal

FYI.....

You can't get the 5.3 with a 10-speed in the RST trim level.....you'd have to bump up to the 6.2. 

Edited by BigMick2020

40 minutes ago, Booma1218 said:

Do you know if the 21  5.3 RST will have the 10sp???

I don't understand how/why GM groups their trim levels and options, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

I haven't looked into the 2021 models enough yet to know if the 5.3 10-speed is now brought to the RST trim......2020 RST it's only available on the High Country and Trail Boss. 

Sounds like an awesome deal. Trade in values are great right now and it looks like you have a great drop in price and a great trade in.

The 8 speed is a good transmission, it just has it's quirks. They are said to be "normal" like the 1-2 shift in the morning and don't shift from reverse to drive to quickly.

I loved my 8 speed 5.3 but now in a 3.0 diesel with the 10 speed just because of these great prices and trade in values !

• Like 1