2021 F150 Drops the hammer with 570LB of Torque

430/570 on the new power boost and 400/500 on the standard 3.5 ECO 

Although I love all trucks , I will always call myself a GM fan first ( on my 5th GM truck ) but man when it comes to trucks , Ford does not mess around. 

Meanwhile Gm has had the same power output on all their engines for 8 straight years .  There is a lot more then just power numbers that makes the F series the best seller but you have to admit when you have best in class HP and TQ , to go along with best in class towing/payload, your truck business is priority 1 , 2 and 3 . 

Ohh and 10 speeds across the line up , even for the XL 3.3 lowest trim engine 

I sure hope GM has something special for 2022 

• Like 1

I love what Ford and Ram are doing in the truck segment. All while GM continues its boring lineup. The problem is they aren’t even Toyota boring. They keep all the old boring stuff but are then still plagued with leaky rear windows, 8 speed tranny issue, brake issue etc. But hey we have jack knife alert now. Maybe it’s just me but if someone needs an alert to know their truck is jack knifing they probably shouldn’t be driving. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spizike9 said:

I love what Ford and Ram are doing in the truck segment. All while GM continues its boring lineup. The problem is they aren’t even Toyota boring. They keep all the old boring stuff but are then still plagued with leaky rear windows, 8 speed tranny issue, brake issue etc. But hey we have jack knife alert now. Maybe it’s just me but if someone needs an alert to know their truck is jack knifing they probably shouldn’t be driving. 

My current favorite is Hyundai adverts that tout safety features as PERMISSION for distracted driving. 

• Haha 1

Gm is run by a women who could not careless about their truck and suv line, i think that is rather clear today. Even though it is without a doubt the only thing that keeps the lights on for GM today, they just assume that gm fans will stay loyal. 2021 GM trucks, same as 2020, and 2019, and 2018, and 2017, and 2016, and 2015, and 2014! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

Gm is run by a women who could not careless about their truck and suv line, i think that is rather clear today. Even though it is without a doubt the only thing that keeps the lights on for GM today, they just assume that gm fans will stay loyal. 2021 GM trucks, same as 2020, and 2019, and 2018, and 2017, and 2016, and 2015, and 2014! 

Very very true. I was dead set on getting a refreshed GMC AT4 next year. However I most likely will be looking at Ford and Ram first. 

My thing is I completely understand each manufacturer has their issue. When you build close to a million of anything in a year some bad ones are going to slip through. Overall they all 3 make a great truck. The difference is Ford and Ram are listening to their customers more than GM. 

The new Corvette motor needs to replace the the current 6.2 or at least something in the 500/500ish range. They need to bump up the 5.3 up to to at least 400 hp 410 tq as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spizike9 said:

Very very true. I was dead set on getting a refreshed GMC AT4 next year. However I most likely will be looking at Ford and Ram first. 

My thing is I completely understand each manufacturer has their issue. When you build close to a million of anything in a year some bad ones are going to slip through. Overall they all 3 make a great truck. The difference is Ford and Ram are listening to their customers more than GM. 

The new Corvette motor needs to replace the the current 6.2 or at least something in the 500/500ish range. They need to bump up the 5.3 up to to at least 400 hp 410 tq as well. 

Yep the 5.3 thank god now has the 10 speed which does help really needs a bump vs the competitors. If you think about it , its last in HP/TQ vs all the other 5 liter competitors. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 8:45 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

My current favorite is Hyundai adverts that tout safety features as PERMISSION for distracted driving. 

if that was filmed in LA ,the girls  would be driving while looking at there phone, singing thier heads off, and smoking a joint while driving.

• Thanks 1

I think the last truck I buy is going to be a big diesel. A nice smoky one, so I can smoke up all the electric idiots! hahahaha

Bet you don't hear to many 65 year old guys talking that way! lol

Edited by Likarok

I think the last truck I buy is going to be a big diesel. A nice smoky one, so I can smoke up all the electric idiots! hahahaha

Yeah, screw those guys for making different choices than you!
  • Like 3

Same here. I’m a diesel and big truck enthusiast myself, but douchey behavior like that is what gives us a bad name. Who cares if you have to share the road with a Prius. If you’re so insecure with your own manhood that you have to make a Smokey show to someone who would otherwise refuse to acknowledge your existence, then that’s kinda silly.

• Like 1