Completely Disable Onstar

15 hours ago, Christopher Cissell said:

I have successfully removed the OnStar brain in a 2021 High Country Silverado!!! THX for all the knowledge learned,but I put 12 hours and some genius into this and found a sexy backdoor!!! Video soon to come!!!!

Interesting.  I guess OnStar isn't needed to do any updates to the vehicle.

These threads are funny, same people that don't want onstar tracking them are the same people with a cell phone that can be tracked, unreal where do these people come from? Don't people realize that there radio waves around you 24-7 no matter where you go? I could say alot more but ill get in trouble.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Christopher Cissell said:

I have successfully removed the OnStar brain in a 2021 High Country Silverado!!! THX for all the knowledge learned,but I put 12 hours and some genius into this and found a sexy backdoor!!! Video soon to come!!!!

Is there a double meaning to "sexy backdoor" here?

13 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

These threads are funny, same people that don't want onstar tracking them are the same people with a cell phone that can be tracked, unreal where do these people come from? Don't people realize that there radio waves around you 24-7 no matter where you go? I could say alot more but ill get in trouble.

Not to mention camera's, if you leave your house you're on someones camera. 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:30 AM, AS113 said:

Also tracking isn't the only reason I am interested in disabling the OnStar antenna.  I would like to minimize my exposure to radiowaves and not have yet ANOTHER 4GLTE power signal with me and my family everywhere I go.  It would be great to turn OFF the antenna and turn it on when needed.

Do you own a smartphone or rather ANY cellphone?  You are being tracked with that.  Might as well get rid of it too.  

Don't worry about the 4G you can get cancer from everything else you do in life anyway.  

If the WiFi hotspot is disabled via the radio settings pages, the Onstar WIFI won't be working and will be off.  

Edited by newdude

Another thing that is keeping track of your every drive is the ECM.  Speed, G's, braking all driving conditions.  So if you are an aggressive driver it is all logged the ECM.   If you drive like a 100yr old that can hardly see, it is being logged.

It is only a matter of time before this information is used against us.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So people should just bend over and let government's brand them, and herd them around like cattle? Because that's where its going, whether you choose to recognize it or not.

Its simple, Government's sole purpose is to maintain control. We are in an ever increasingly small world, population isn't going to shrink, it's going to spiral out of control. At some point something has to break, it's not an if; it's a when. And if you were in power and recognized this fact, what would you do? Do you let humanity run itself to the brink of collapse, or do you take control and determine that you get to decide whats best for people. You get to take away their right's, lives, and free will in the name of doing what's best. You may ask how people could let this happen? People already have and are. It's a slow process on purpose. People follow whats popular, what society dictates is appropriate. Not what's true and just.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1