Completely Disable Onstar

How can I disable the Onstar equipment on a 2020 Sierra? I called immediately after picking the truck up and cancelled all trial services, the green light went off. But I want to physically disconnect the system. I don't think there is a separate fuse for it anymore is there? Is there a good place where I can unplug the antenna from the module? It's inside the BCM in the newer trucks correct? thanks!

On 10/1/2020 at 5:56 PM, kodiakdenali said:

How can I disable the Onstar equipment on a 2020 Sierra? I called immediately after picking the truck up and cancelled all trial services, the green light went off. But I want to physically disconnect the system. I don't think there is a separate fuse for it anymore is there? Is there a good place where I can unplug the antenna from the module? It's inside the BCM in the newer trucks correct? thanks!

I believe you get a visit from the Secret Service within an hour of unplugging it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They'll just ping your cell phone, it's better than a microchip ! It gives location , personal information, the list goes on...

Don't think about it too long, the paranoia will overwhelm you....

Edited by Enough
spelling
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Enough said:

They'll just ping your cell phone, it's better than a microchip ! It gives location , personal information, the list goes on...

Don't think about it too long, the paranoia will overwhelm you....

If tracking is the main concern, then like stated above, your cell is the main item that is used to track everyone.   

It is my understanding that 2022 vehicles are going to be so locked down and hooked up that it will not be possible to tune or anything else.  Technology, got to love it.

I don’t think too much about it. Our cell phones track way more information about our locations and habits. Unless you don’t want to be tracked, buy a prepaid flip cell phone and pay cash then throw it away after a few months and do over again constantly getting a new number. I have read other threads disabling onstar by disconnecting the antenna at the roof under the headliner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 3:32 AM, DogMom said:

Also tracking isn't the only reason I am interested in disabling the OnStar antenna.  I would like to minimize my exposure to radiowaves and not have yet ANOTHER 4GLTE power signal with me and my family everywhere I go.  It would be great to turn OFF the antenna and turn it on when needed.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...