Overhead Console Compatability

1 hour ago, VanguardK2 said:

I didn't know they made one with a larger holder

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

As is my understanding.

I want to add homelink and figured i might as well change the whole thing so i can actually use the sunglass holder

• Like 1

I have a 2016 and it has a soft open feature too. What years did they change them out? Anybody have part numbers. Searched this and didn't see anything jump out for results

Part of me believes the sunglass holder was 30K and the rest of the truck was 5K. My 04 grand cherokee didn't have an sun glass holder and I installed one month before I got rid of it. But for that one month it was the best feature in that jeep.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bkesting said:

Now I need to see some pics............I didn't know there was a different one

I will likely order mine this week now that I know it will fit. I will take pictures and post them in this thread.

• Like 2

Subbed for results. If you wouldn't mind post the old and new part numbers for people who stubble onto this thread later and for us to know which one we have and what we need. Cheers man, stoked.

Side note I've always wanted the overhead console one with the mirror from the suburban to see if that'll fit.@pgamboa any trial and error with that one?

I have an early 2017 & has the soft open glasses compartment too but mine fit in it fine. I didn't know they changed it in 2018. I think they list the same part nos. depending on the options (Homelink, rear glass slider, sunroof, etc.) Mines a LTZ double door, so no sunroof.

Console wglasses.jpg

Console woglasses.jpg

Console.jpg

That is the exact same one in my 2016 CCSB I have the plastic square ray bans and they fit and have plenty of room. Assuming the small ones won't fit the 'Pit Viper' sunglasses cause they are massive?