Customer service

Hello, I recently purchased a 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4. To make a long story short my truck was supposed to come with off road side steps installed from GMC which cost $965. I bought my truck over the phone and it was delivered without the steps.  I complained to the dealer which fell on deaf ears and I then complained to GMC. So far GMC is “working” on it but the employee within GMC has only called me one time, in about a month so I feel like it’s not going anywhere. Does anyone have a contact at GMC or are there any reps on this site able to help out? All I want is my steps or a refund. Thank you 

If your order isn't right with no fault of your own, I would go back to the dealer showroom on a saturday at a busy time and start complaining how they ripped you off for a thousand dollars.  You will get slightly more of a response out of them then.  I had to do this one time when my wife's 2016 ford edge was12 months and 3 days old with only 5,000 miles on it and the windshield cracked on the inside only for no reason.  They originally told me that the glass warranty ends at 12 months,  I left there not realizing that I was only 3 days out of that.  I went back in on memorial day weekend when every sales person had a customer with them and started calmly complaining to the manager with my very loud, half deaf construction worker voice where everyone in the building could hear me and I was told it would be repaired before I could get my second sentence out.

3 hours ago, Keith_Schumaker said:

If your order isn't right with no fault of your own, I would go back to the dealer showroom on a saturday at a busy time and start complaining how they ripped you off for a thousand dollars.  You will get slightly more of a response out of them then.  I had to do this one time when my wife's 2016 ford edge was12 months and 3 days old with only 5,000 miles on it and the windshield cracked on the inside only for no reason.  They originally told me that the glass warranty ends at 12 months,  I left there not realizing that I was only 3 days out of that.  I went back in on memorial day weekend when every sales person had a customer with them and started calmly complaining to the manager with my very loud, half deaf construction worker voice where everyone in the building could hear me and I was told it would be repaired before I could get my second sentence out.

I think you missed the part where the OP stated that he bought the truck over the phone and it was delivered. Sounds like it wasn't a local deal, so he may not have the option of causing a scene at the dealer.

27 minutes ago, gSwift said:

I think you missed the part where the OP stated that he bought the truck over the phone and it was delivered. Sounds like it wasn't a local deal, so he may not have the option of causing a scene at the dealer.

They do mail order trucks now?  I just ordered my truck over the phone and email with the dealership that I will be taking delivery at. I didn't think there was any other way. 

1 hour ago, It's Tim said:

As in how? They told you to get bent or you were mistaken about the steps included with the sale?

They said the steps are a factory installed option that can’t be refunded or discounted. They were on the sticker for the truck but never showed up at the dealer. According to them GMC steps are are backorder and there’s nothing they can do about it. When I asked about a refund or discount they said no. This was after my credit was ran three times and they were on there way to deliver the truck. 

Edited by motorsswin