How tall is a 2021 Silverado LTZ Z71

Tulkas

This is a parking garage in town and the clearance is 6'-8".  I can find the number for a standard but not for a Z71 which in my understanding adds a few inches. Is your 75.5 number for a 2021 Z71? The chevy site says 75.4 for a standard Silverado. 

2 hours ago, Tulkas said:

This is a parking garage in town and the clearance is 6'-8".  I can find the number for a standard but not for a Z71 which in my understanding adds a few inches. Is your 75.5 number for a 2021 Z71? The chevy site says 75.4 for a standard Silverado. 

The garages downtown Seattle always scare the crap out of me when I go into them, your antenna is the first thing you hear scraping.

I only go into them if it is absolutely necessary, these trucks are pretty big, and things get tight quickly.

5 hours ago, Tulkas said:

I believe the Z71/X31 are the same height as the standard 4x4's Its only an upgrade of shocks, skid plates , air cleaner  and the 2 speed gearbox. No lift involved.

• Like 1

An LTZ Z71 has the same diameter tires and the same ride height as any other LTZ. The Trail Boss is the only Chevy that has a 2 inch lift from the factory.

FWIW, the tires on a Trail Boss are actually shorter than what’s fitted on the LTZ with 20” wheels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tulkas said:

I found the 2 inch lift thing on a chevy website.   But the number came direct from my dealer. 

Well my 2020 Sierra SLT, X31 20" wheels. Looking at the overall height at the Shark Fin which looks to be the tallest point on the truck.

My garage door opening is 84" tall measuring down from the opening to the top of the Shark Fin is 8.5"    84" minus 8.5 " = 75.5"

Sometimes the dealers aren't always right.

• Like 1

GM's Order guide shows Z71 is NOT available as an option on either Trailboss.

As others posted, the trailboss trucks are the  only ones with the factory lift. 

All LTZ are crew cab

GM says - for 4wd crewcab: 

short box  75.4"

short box lifted 78.23"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tulkas said:

So the number the dealer gave me was the short box lifted number.  So on the LTZ with Z71 is it the short box or shortbox lifted?

As has been said multiple times, unless you added it only the trailbosses have the lift.  A normal Z71 LTZ has no lift.