Apps module doesn't work in '21 Sierra

Good morning

This is more of a FYI after a bit of runaround with GM/Onstar support.

I'm on the 2nd week with my new '21 Sierra Denali. The issue I'm having is when accessing the "Apps" module in the infotainment system. When I try to open it I'm presented with a connection error asking me to check my network settings, available data, or connect to another WiFi (attached screenshot). After checking everything, connecting to multiple WiFi, etc. I called GM/Onstar support and after being passed around I ended up talking to a support tech that knew exactly what the problems was. This issue isn't related to the vehicle's setup, but apparently related to something that Amazon did with their service(s) that is causing the apps module to fail to load as it checks for status upon loading. This issue started popping up around 2 weeks ago and, according to the tech, affecting '21 Sierras (and later '20s). There is no ETA on resolution to this, but was informed that engineers are aware of the issue has there is an active service ticket for it to be fixed.

Hopefully this post will help out any other owners having the same problem as it's not something that is readily known to GM/Onstar support. 

20201202_123744.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue with a 2021 Sierra. I cannot create a user profile and the navigation system will not show traffic, fuel locations, etc. as it should with a data plan. They need to get this resolved soon or I will try to have it returned under Virginia's Lemon Law. The purchase was too large to have everything not working as it should.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

My dealer says they updated everything to the nest version software, I even gave them the TSB (which technically does not apply to my 2019 Yukon XL) and it still does not work. They gave me the truck back saying they are waiting on word from GM because the only thing they can think to do is replace the radio…and I am just out of warranty. Anyone have a 2019 still having issues?