Tailgate Seal

Has anyone found a good tailgate seal for the T1?

I've got a Bak X4 on my truck and I get a little road dust and water in around the tailgate. I'm wanting to get some sort of gasket to go around it to seal it when it is shut.

GM makes this, and I have it. Got it for Christmas, and installed it the same day. Took about 15-20 minutes total. I've never noticed a dirt or debris problem prior to installing it, and didn't notice a decrease afterwards. The Extang product looks good and might perform the job better than the GM Accessories part.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/tailgate-gap-cover-84184471?vin=3GCPYFEL1LG353604&categoryId=98011

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The GM only works along the bottom, and does not get the sides.

If you don't drive gravel roads you probably won't get a lot of dust, or drive in dry snow.

I get more dust and snow in the box than any other truck and its probably due to the multipro.

I also gotta delete the rear exit exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

As previously stated go with the GM version

How does it do with keeping dust and water out of the bed? It looks like it doesn't do anything for the vertical portions of the tailgate.

How does it do with keeping dust and water out of the bed? It looks like it doesn't do anything for the vertical portions of the tailgate.

It does not do anything for the drivers or pass side vertical. I can’t really comment how well it keeps dust out as I don’t have a bed cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is the one I used and it covers everything. Got it off Amazon for around $25. They have them for the 2019 and up Silverado and Sierra with or without multipro tailgate. I have the multipro with a hard tri-fold from Gator and both together do a really good job. It will come with instructions on how to install also. Very easy.

I cant really add suggestions here, but I would like to ask a question in all honesty with no sarcasm intended:

Why do you need to seal off the bed of your truck, or to a greater extent why seal it water/dust tight?  

I guess I never really considered dust and dirt getting into the bed of a truck an issue seeing how its a truck, but that's the beauty of being able to customize a vehicle to personal desires right?  Regardless of your reasons, keep on keeping on, that's what makes customizing so fun!

18 minutes ago, Gangly said:

I cant really add suggestions here, but I would like to ask a question in all honesty with no sarcasm intended:

Why do you need to seal off the bed of your truck, or to a greater extent why seal it water/dust tight?  

I guess I never really considered dust and dirt getting into the bed of a truck an issue seeing how its a truck, but that's the beauty of being able to customize a vehicle to personal desires right?  Regardless of your reasons, keep on keeping on, that's what makes customizing so fun!

My bedcover does an excellent job of keeping water/dust/dirt out of the bed. The short fall is the tailgate isn't sealed. I have more issue with the dust/dirt and the dirt that comes from road water getting in the tailgate. I am a very neat person and opening my bed and seeing the black bedliner covered in dust/dirt on the last 1/3 of the bed drives me nuts (especially when I know I haven't hauled anything that would make it dirty). Not to mention that the little bit of water that gets in my bed is from the tailgate. I like to put stuff in the very back of the bed that would otherwise get wet if it was raining.

1 hour ago, Gangly said:

Sometimes people haul things they would prefer to keep reasonably clean and dry.

Edited by Salsa De Piña

15 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

Sometimes people haul things they would prefer to keep clean and dry.

I guess I've never had an issue with water getting in the bed of my truck through the tailgate and ruining anything.  I completely understand the worry though, I'm OCD about certain things as well. ?