Trade value for 2020 6.2 RST?

36 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

Was the $42k trade allowance or cash value? Dealers like to play games with the numbers and wording. Ask them if they'd write you a check for the truck right now at $42k. If they won't, it was a "trade allowance". 

No, the dealership is not like AutoNation or CarMax, they don't do cash value. CarMax and Carvana offered less than $40k. I usually trade in every 2 or 3 years, the resale value is nice :) .

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

No, the dealership is not like AutoNation or CarMax, they don't do cash value. CarMax and Carvana offered less than $40k. I usually trade in every 2 or 3 years, the resale value is nice :) .

The dealership I buy from gives you cash value on trades. I don't like dealers who do the allowance game. That means they play with the numbers too much to make it look good for you. I prefer seeing the actual numbers.

12 hours ago, Wiggums said:

It's still too similar to the 2019, I am waiting until the 2022 refresh. Ford decided to keep the cheap plasticky dashboard. At least Chevy's more stylish.

See, I have never disliked my 2019's interior. I think it strikes the balance of functional and technological pretty well. The added tech features with the AT4 (rear camera mirror, HUD, digital dash) interest me. 

Also, I'm growing more concerned that COVID issues will cause GM to delay their truck refresh in 2022. They've already done that with the Traverse, and they are having big issues on the SUV production. 

If the new interiors of the trucks will be MORE computerized (which we all think they will), that does not bode well for yet another increase in chip needs, which are already hurting badly.

• Like 1

I understand them pushing the Traverse off. Nobody buys them except Enterprise Rent-A-Car. 

I don’t think GM can afford not to get the T1 refresh out next year. There would be lots of trouble for them between the new F150, a new Tundra, and the Ram still selling very well. Ram also just counterfeited all that was left of GM’s exclusives (HUD, camera mirror) for 2021.

3 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I understand them pushing the Traverse off. Nobody buys them except Enterprise Rent-A-Car. 

I don’t think GM can afford not to get the T1 refresh out next year. There would be lots of trouble for them between the new F150, a new Tundra, and the Ram still selling very well. Ram also just counterfeited all that was left of GM’s exclusives (HUD, camera mirror) for 2021.

Ha! Probably true. They need to stay competitive. 

But we probably won’t see wide availability until late Q1 2022, like we are seeing with the SUVs. 

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

The Traverse's are all over where I live. I had a 2019 for a year until the wife destroyed it. The only reason we didn't get another is because it was too big for us. She was more comfortable driving the Equinox since she frequents a hospital parking garage.

A major refresh on a truck isn't typical. The F-150 refresh was wasn't extreme. They updated the interior and front end after 3 years of production on the same style. The F-150 interior refresh is too much. Who needs front seats that can lay perfectly flat? Functionalities are what's important IMO.

Ford would resent anyone referring to the new F150 as a refresh. Even though it looks nearly identical to the old one, they claim it’s “92% new”. ?

The refresh on the Silverado and Sierra has been anticipated and speculated on since literally day one. I have no real beef with the current interior but we all know how it stacks up against the others.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Ford would resent anyone referring to the new F150 as a refresh. Even though it looks nearly identical to the old one, they claim it’s “92% new”. ?

The refresh on the Silverado and Sierra has been anticipated and speculated on since literally day one. I have no real beef with the current interior but we all know how it stacks up against the others.

That “junk” has been refreshed since 2004. Hasn’t changed much since then. Not a fan of their turbo six motors either. Only worthy one is the coyote V8 but they have that so high strung now that most burn oil worse than the old AFM 5.3L

I also like the current interior. It’s very practical and easy to use. And the more computer screens and electronics coming from factory is really going to drive the costs up.  Just put more power into the power train and maybe put a 10 to 12 inch screen within the dash. Nothing sticking up out of the dash. Must be contour and  uniform to the dash. 

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, I would love to expose the "math" they did to make that claim. 

I just drove to lunch and saw a new F150 parked at Starbucks on the way as I sat at the light. Literally, the only way I could tell it was "new" was by seeing the new buyer tag in the license plate spot. It otherwise looked identical to the outgoing F150. 

Contrast that with my backing in next to a K2 at the restaurant. I was looking out at the front ends, side-by-side, and amazed at how much of a risk Chevrolet took in the T1 front ends. Glad they did. I love it. It might be polarizing, but at least they took a real chance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I just drove to lunch and saw a new F150 parked at Starbucks on the way as I sat at the light. Literally, the only way I could tell it was "new" was by seeing the new buyer tag in the license plate spot. It otherwise looked identical to the outgoing F150. 

The whole front doghouse is completely different. This is a surprisingly good comparison of what has changed.

2021 Ford F-150: See The Changes Side By Side (motor1.com)

Just now, mjonesjr84 said:

The whole front doghouse is completely different. This is a surprisingly good comparison of what has changed.

2021 Ford F-150: See The Changes Side By Side (motor1.com)

I know they made changes, of course. But take a straight line and putting a few bends in it across the front end are hardly much change to rave about, IMO. If you glance at one driving past, you really won't immediately notice that it is different. Do the same with a 2018 Chevy/GMC vs. 2019 and it's a different story. 

My preference, of course. But the Ford die-hards who are jazzed to pay $75K for their "All-new F-150" are drunk on Detroit blue kool-aid. 

2 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I know they made changes, of course. But take a straight line and putting a few bends in it across the front end are hardly much change to rave about, IMO. If you glance at one driving past, you really won't immediately notice that it is different. Do the same with a 2018 Chevy/GMC vs. 2019 and it's a different story. 

My preference, of course. But the Ford die-hards who are jazzed to pay $75K for their "All-new F-150" are drunk on Detroit blue kool-aid. 

I see the headlights being completely different on the F-150's. The LED daytime running lights are a totally different style. Other than that, I agree, there isn't much different on the front end.

I've not liked the F-150 since they came out with the '97 body style. 

Edited by mjonesjr84
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, econometrics said:

Starting to look at trading mine for a 21 AT4 Carbon Pro 3.0L. Good incentives this month. 

Been looking at AT4 BabyMaxes for a few months now. Honestly, I should have pulled the trigger when the employee pricing was going on, but I couldn't find a truck that ticked every box (Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Sunroof, 20" wheels and either Cayenne or Dark Sky paint). I'm also slightly hesitant to give up my '19, which has, so far, been absolutely perfect.