Trade value for 2020 6.2 RST?

6 hours ago, RST-stan said:

If I could find someone to pay me what I owe on it, I'd sell it outright and buy a different vehicle with cash. I got a truck thinking I'll need a truck, and low and behold I've not used it as a truck once haha

If you are a home owner, you will find things to use a truck as a truck almost weekly.

And as irony works, if you get rid of it, you will need a truck for something.

49 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

If you are a home owner, you will find things to use a truck as a truck almost weekly.

And as irony works, if you get rid of it, you will need a truck for something.

every single time it works out like that, lol

Go to KBB and do their Instant Cash Offer. The sites like KBB and NADA are nowhere near correct. Every dealer uses a daily market value to give trade values on vehicles for their market. The KBB Instant Cash Offer will pull in dealers from your area and give you an almost exact trade value/offer. You can almost take that amount to the bank as that is the market value of your vehicle in your area. I've used this twice in the last 2 months just to get an idea of what trade I would be getting. It was spot on both times (within a couple hundred).

Used car market is like the stock market now. It is up and down daily; even almost hourly

On 1/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, mjonesjr84 said:

Go to KBB and do their Instant Cash Offer. The sites like KBB and NADA are nowhere near correct. Every dealer uses a daily market value to give trade values on vehicles for their market. The KBB Instant Cash Offer will pull in dealers from your area and give you an almost exact trade value/offer. You can almost take that amount to the bank as that is the market value of your vehicle in your area. I've used this twice in the last 2 months just to get an idea of what trade I would be getting. It was spot on both times (within a couple hundred).

Used car market is like the stock market now. It is up and down daily; even almost hourly

how far off is instant cash value vs trade in value.....everytime i use instant they never give me a number, they say bring it in....its a brand new truck for petes sake!

53 minutes ago, Dunn said:

how far off is instant cash value vs trade in value.....everytime i use instant they never give me a number, they say bring it in....its a brand new truck for petes sake!

For the ones that I traded in last year, the instant cash value was spot on with what I got. The trade in value if you go through the standard process was about 25-30% lower.

Chevy Dude on YouTube has a good video on this topic. I can't seem to locate it now, but if you wanted to search it out you can. He's a salesman for a local Chevy dealer in Louisville, KY.

1 hour ago, mjonesjr84 said:

For the ones that I traded in last year, the instant cash value was spot on with what I got. The trade in value if you go through the standard process was about 25-30% lower.

Chevy Dude on YouTube has a good video on this topic. I can't seem to locate it now, but if you wanted to search it out you can. He's a salesman for a local Chevy dealer in Louisville, KY.

yeah i finally got it to go through....trade in was higher than instant cash value for me, i do know about chevy dude and thanks....

trade in was 42-46k with middle of 44k

ICV was 41k

I know 2500s are in high demand atm

Trade it in on something you like. You can even trade down. I’ve done it to get out of a vehicle I hated. As far as making payments means you can’t afford it, ridiculous. In my younger days my money accumulated to buy houses to rent to earn me income. While I drove o percent payments vehicles. Now I pay cash. I’m older not worried about investments for obvious reasons. I even buy appliances at o percent when available. My investment income pays the payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/24/2021 at 4:04 PM, mjonesjr84 said:

This is true. I've been checking my value with Carvana just in case we start talking $5 gas again. My truck is also a 6.2 RST and the value fluctuates a lot. It was down to $36k about a month ago and yesterday it was up to $41k. They monitor demand really close. 

Edited by BluegrassMotorsport

For kicks and giggles I decided to play along and hope over to KBB. Here's what I got. I have 2 or 3 paint scratches in the truck because one of my kids hit a door with mommy's car door when she parked next to me one day. Also, I feel these values are a little low because of some unaccounted for features on my truck, like the GM sport bar, light bar, and auxiliary switches. 9725af950bf1fd08921688461a314699.jpgecd2c5dee760a4e375101920b0fbb1f0.jpg

That private party value is what I paid for the truck new. 2020 Trail Boss LT with 6.2.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Transient said:

For kicks and giggles I decided to play along and hope over to KBB. Here's what I got. I have 2 or 3 paint scratches in the truck because one of my kids hit a door with mommy's car door when she parked next to me one day. Also, I feel these values are a little low because of some unaccounted for features on my truck, like the GM sport bar, light bar, and auxiliary switches. 

That private party value is what I paid for the truck new. 2020 Trail Boss LT with 6.2.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm saying, you need to see what the Instant Cash Offer is or go someplace like Carvana or CarMax. Those websites are months behind what the actual values are as of today. Dealers use daily actual market data for trade-ins now. They do not rely on those sites.

It is a market game. It would be like getting GameStop's stock values from 2 months ago and thinking you were going to buy it today for that value.