2021 Silverado 2500 LT Front License Plate Bracket Removal??

So just picked up my new truck on Friday. I'm in Arkansas but purchased from a dealer in TX.  I believe TX requires plate on front and back.  AR only requires on the back. Anyway, I was looking at removing the front plate bracket that the TX dealer installed I believe but it looks like its riveted on.  Can anyone else confirm?  I assume if I remove it I'll have 2 holes in the lower plastic grill?   Anyway, I haven't messed with it yet really, just looked at it to see what was involved.  

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, XY74 said:

If they put it on like my dealer did, you can just rip it right off by hand.  The holes you can't see without getting on the ground to look up.  

It is a little loose when I move the bracket around. Hmmm :)

Mine actually came with the bracket still in a bag in the back seat. Yes, it is riveted. For that reason I made the dealer install it as I'm in an area where cops will go out of their way to ticket you for "no front plate".

My Sierra also came from Texas and when we moved to Oklahoma, I removed my front license plate bracket. Mine was so poorly installed, had four rivets and was even mounted off-center by several inches that I decided to replace the valence panel (part that surrounds the tow hooks). This was not a simple task but in the end, it turned out like new. This is a picture of the old valance after the bracket was removed.

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-Grill.jpeg

Edited by Bob Riley

• 4 months later...

can anyone confirm on the silverado where the holes for the bracket are?

on the GMC i know they are on the lower surround.

I am looking at a silverado that has the plate holder attached. If there are holes in the bumper, it is a deal breaker

Most bumpers OEM come with  two indents that mark the place of the where the plate should go.  Plate holder usually comes in the trunk or cab and installed by dealer.  If the truck is new and has a plate holder on it specially from a plated state you can almost guarantee there are holes in the bumper.

• 4 weeks later...

Slap a Razorback plate on the front and call it good to go.  The holder has two rivets on the bottom that will have to be drilled out.  The holder snaps in on the top of the bracket to the lower grill facia.....................RR

• 1 year later...

i just picked up a new Silverado. 

I am in a state that requires the front plate. 

as others have said, on the chevy there are just 2 aluminum rivets that hold the plate frame on. they are drilled into the plastic grille below the actual bumper.

first thing I did was remove it. cannot see the holes unless i look up from below