Odd things about the 2020 Silverado

Fringe

6 hours ago, Fringe said:

My 2020 silverado ltz z71 displays a Silverado on the camera screen for all views where a truck is in the picture.  You may need to alert your dealer to this issue, perhaps you have an incorrect software version.

I can't even begin on how different 4wd auto is from an AWD system.  I suggest you read up on the differences between a 4wd system and an AWD system. 

Cupholders?  There are more than 6 to begin with, there is one cup holder in each door and the additional spaces in the doors can be used for cans and bottles too.  The center space up front between the cup holders can accommodate bottles and cans too.

This whole video just has me dumbfounded.  Seems like poorly presented joke rather than a video of actual problems.

• Like 1

Sure did waste a lot of time making this video as I don't see your point on none of this. Did you ever think that Silverado and GMC is made on the same assembly line and figuring out what infotainment system to put in each truck so the picture matches the model truck would lead to many mix ups, there are like 8 Silverado's and then a GMC coming down the line behind the Silverado's. The whole AWD thing just had me shaking my head and the cup holders, really?. I am surprised you didn't pick up on the colors of the paint as GMC has one name for a color and Silverado has a different name for the same exact color.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btj_z71 said:

Cupholders?  There are more than 6 to begin with, there is one cup holder in each door and the additional spaces in the doors can be used for cans and bottles too.  The center space up front between the cup holders can accommodate bottles and cans too.

This whole video just has me dumbfounded.  Seems like poorly presented joke rather than a video of actual problems.

Cupholders simply contribute to the obesity crisis.

Cupholders simply contribute to the obesity crisis.

That’s funny. My way of thinking is cup holders save accidents and deaths. How you say? You ever see what happens when a stick on dash coffee cup holder decide it’s time to let go. I had those before cup holders. Or someone gets scolded by putting their coffee between their legs. Like a bee in your ride your swerving all over. Probably messing with the big screen on the dashboard is more of a problem than cup holders could ever be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Sure did waste a lot of time making this video as I don't see your point on none of this. Did you ever think that Silverado and GMC is made on the same assembly line and figuring out what infotainment system to put in each truck so the picture matches the model truck would lead to many mix ups, there are like 8 Silverado's and then a GMC coming down the line behind the Silverado's. The whole AWD thing just had me shaking my head and the cup holders, really?. I am surprised you didn't pick up on the colors of the paint as GMC has one name for a color and Silverado has a different name for the same exact color.   

I never gave the mirror views of the truck a thought before this video. I guess when I saw a GMC Denali as used as a truck, I assumed it was model specific. I was kinda bummed it wasn't blue though. ?

I would be livid if it showed a Chevy bow tie on the grill!

Don't use the excuse of assembly line. If my Denali was built in the middle of 8 Chevy trucks, and the assembler installed High County head rests or Chevy bow tie in the steering wheel, would that be ok?

Asking for a friend. 

Cup holders really, I figure me and the dog and maybe one other person was a plenty. Who wants five or six people crammed into a truck at the same time. The back seat is for hunting gear and the dog if front passenger seat is occupied. Dog doesn't require a cup holder so I have plenty ?

I finally watch the video. My goodness some people either have too much time on their hands. Or are extremely nit picky. I also wonder. How many times that dudes been married. Buying GM trucks over many years I’ve had equal amounts between Chevy and GMC. I usually liked the front area of the GMC better. Didn’t pay too much attention though. Can’t see it from the drivers seat. Usually it was the price at the time that put in the seat between the two. Now if I was able to save thousands because by mistake. There was a GMC label on the front and a Chevy on back. Nothing would make me happier. As far as the missing cup holders. The last truck I have. Has them on the door too. That extremely important problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just lost 7 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back. Man what a waste of time. I thought this was going to be about 3 important things that could possibly help us folks with a T1 truck. ?????UNREAL

• Like 3

My first truck had two cupholders.  They were on the backside of the glove compartment door and did a terrible job of holding anything even while sitting still.  And that was plenty. 

I hear the Toyota Sienna has 18 cup holders.  Maybe that will solve your conundrum. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, btj_z71 said:

My 2020 silverado ltz z71 displays a Silverado on the camera screen for all views where a truck is in the picture.  You may need to alert your dealer to this issue, perhaps you have an incorrect software version.

I can't even begin on how different 4wd auto is from an AWD system.  I suggest you read up on the differences between a 4wd system and an AWD system. 

thanks for providing your opinion!