6.6L Gas will be fine, right?

10 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Another thing, and please correct me if I'm wrong. This truck, having skid plates as an option from the factory could be classified as a Z71, correct? Isn't the main feature of the Z71 skid plates? I know 1500 has the bigger air filter I think but, what all exactly makes a 2500 a Z71 besides Skid Plates?

Yeah, skid plates, Rancho Shocks, Eaton Locker, hill descent, badging...

You are correct about the 5.3 feeling faster, but it wakes up when you break it in a bit.  Also, it never really feels underpowered.  You will find the tranny is better sorted as well.  It's just more of a truck.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Limelight said:

Yeah, skid plates, Rancho Shocks, Eaton Locker, hill descent, badging...

You are correct about the 5.3 feeling faster, but it wakes up when you break it in a bit.  Also, it never really feels underpowered.  You will find the tranny is better sorted as well.  It's just more of a truck.

Yes it is!!

But, as far as the Eaton locker, I still have electronic locking rear, correct?

3 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Yes it is!!

But, as far as the Eaton locker, I still have electronic locking rear, correct?

No.  Just the Eaton. It's fully automatic but it is a true locker.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TrailBoss1 said:

I’m not aware of any electronic locking rear; the G80 is what you get and it “automatic” locking; but not electronic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, that's what I meant, thanx 

Thank you! I love it too, I actually founded the NorthSky Blie Club here 😀

I think they did a fantastic job with this one too

zoom in and check out the reflection of the branches on the hood.....trying to decide whether or not to have her ceramic coated or just wax her every once and a while 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just curious as to what payload yall have?

I figured mine would be 3,760 but the sticker says 2850 I think?

Conventional Trailering 14,500

Gooseneck Trailering  16,500 

Shouldn't the payload be around 3600 or more?

On 3/2/2021 at 10:29 AM, T.O. said:

You will just have to get used to not seeing as much directly in front of you since the hood blocks more of your front view. But I think the overall view is plenty good.

I'm 6' tall and still getting used to not seeing much in front.  Takes some practice to split the parking spot lines once you're between them.  Don't get me wrong, I love the truck.  What's really fun is when I get back in my '00 1500 and it feels like driving a golf cart.

As for payload and towing.  Yes, the payload depends on your specific configurations and options.  Tow ratings are the ~same regardless.  My SLT CCSB 4x4 is 3319 payload, 14500 conventional, 16620 gooseneck.

55 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Just curious as to what payload yall have?

I figured mine would be 3,760 but the sticker says 2850 I think?

Conventional Trailering 14,500

Gooseneck Trailering  16,500 

Shouldn't the payload be around 3600 or more?

A gasser Custom with 20" rims should get you 10650 GVWR which means the quoted 3760 lbs payload rating so 2850 or 900lbs under that seems like more than a configuration or package issue. I wonder if you got a truck with the lower 10000 GVWR de-rate? I've seen it on some trucks on the inventory pages where the truck has 18" or 20" rims and the "10000 lb GVWR" is on the build sheet/window sticker as an option. My assumption was this was for licensing/registration purposes in some states. If that's the case, a 10000 lb GVWR only get you up to 3139 lb for payload and I can see the 300lb reduction being due to configuration. I just looked on the build site and it's an option to get a 10000 lb GVWR on the Custom even with 20" rims. If this is the case, my assumption is that this is only a sticker/rating issue and not a physical limitation of the truck but I may be wrong.

• Thanks 1