How many miles are on them?  I've heard that they get louder over time as they wear.  Mine are fairly tame at highway speeds but do drone to the point you know they are AT tires, but they only have about 1500 miles on them.  On my previous vehicle, GMC Canyon, the stock tires began to get loud after about 15K and got better after I rotated them, but generally became louder as they wore.

1 hour ago, OliverDennis52 said:

How many miles are on them?  I've heard that they get louder over time as they wear.  Mine are fairly tame at highway speeds but do drone to the point you know they are AT tires, but they only have about 1500 miles on them.  On my previous vehicle, GMC Canyon, the stock tires began to get loud after about 15K and got better after I rotated them, but generally became louder as they wore.

I'm at 55k. It started around 20k. 

What pressure are you running?  I've noticed even a couple lbs under 40, they start getting louder.  That said, they're MUCH louder than my BFG Mud Terrains.  I will not be putting a new set of them on when these wear out

Mine hum a little bit in the lower speeds but seem to quiet down as speed increases.  At highway speeds I barely notice them, if at all, but while at 20-30 mph I can noticeably hear them.  I rotate them every 5k miles and it helps A LOT.  For an AT/MT hybrid tire they are not bad at all, but nowhere near as quiet as my factory Bridgestone Dueler AT RSW's were, those were quiet like a church mouse at 20K miles but then again the tread design was nowhere near as aggressive as the Duratracs.

Side Note:  The Duratrac has been a fantastic tire for me thus far.  I've been able to traverse things in 2WD with the Duratracs that I needed to traverse in 4WD with other tires.  They are a very grippy tire and the treads clear out nicely when going through gumbo clay.

Edited by Gangly

My son has these on his AT4, noisy as hell. I can't stand to ride in his truck. Never saw the logic of a mud tire on trucks that never see off road use. Unless you're 16 and want the coolest truck on the high school parking lot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had this happen on mine at 20k checked alignment and truck was toe out in the front both sides corrected and rotated tires to back and after 200 miles tires wore normal and are back to just whiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put two sets of these on my K2. I thought they were great. There was a little noise as can be expected with any AT tire, but they performed excellent in rain and snow. The Goodyear tires my RST Z71 came with are actually much louder and pretty much worthless. 

Mine started getting a little loud untill I rotates, and they quieted way down after. Now.i rotate every 5k with oil change, and they're staying quiet at almost 20k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

On 2/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, ArTurf said:

My son has these on his AT4, noisy as hell. I can't stand to ride in his truck. Never saw the logic of a mud tire on trucks that never see off road use. Unless you're 16 and want the coolest truck on the high school parking lot

I can't stand people that think life is only perfect through their eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2021 at 12:54 PM, MG386 said:

Mine started getting a little loud untill I rotates, and they quieted way down after. Now.i rotate every 5k with oil change, and they're staying quiet at almost 20k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thats the key.  I'm guilty of not staying on top of this in the past, but with aggressive tread patterns this is a must!

20 hours ago, aliveguy5 said:

I can't stand people that think life is only perfect through their eyes. 

Interesting idea that.

Here's the problem. I see your point if we are talking about ice cream and someone says "I can't understand why everyone doesn't like vanilla", after you've said you like Rocky Road. You don't have to like my choice because you are not forced to experience my choice. And I don't have to like yours. We have no basis to even offer an opinion. 

BUT

When I can hear your trucks tires 300 yards behind me you are forcing your will and choice on me. Now sir you've just forced Rocky Road down the throat of a guy who doesn't like that taste and you're all upset I don't like that? Yea, that is one interesting idea you have there. 

**********************************************************************************

Even street tires with a block pattern on the edges will get noisy enough to become distracting if allowed to wear unevenly. Rotation, alignment and inflation. Three keys to quite tires. Even aggressive ones. 

22 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Interesting idea that.

Here's the problem. I see your point if we are talking about ice cream and someone says "I can't understand why everyone doesn't like vanilla", after you've said you like Rocky Road. You don't have to like my choice because you are not forced to experience my choice. And I don't have to like yours. We have no basis to even offer an opinion. 

BUT

When I can hear your trucks tires 300 yards behind me you are forcing your will and choice on me. Now sir you've just forced Rocky Road down the throat of a guy who doesn't like that taste and you're all upset I don't like that? Yea, that is one interesting idea you have there. 

**********************************************************************************

Even street tires with a block pattern on the edges will get noisy enough to become distracting if allowed to wear unevenly. Rotation, alignment and inflation. Three keys to quite tires. Even aggressive ones. 

I never said what I liked and didn't like... You just told me what I did though. So how interesting was my idea again?