Anyone with Bose & Kicker?

On 3/29/2021 at 7:08 AM, PuffDr4gon said:

No, there is no designated place. You can place it wherever you want.

I routed my wire along the sub wires and then under the dash. Used double sided 3m tape to place the knob at the bottom of the center console. IMO, came out very clean.

Resized_20201220_105907.jpeg

That looks really good! I will likely to something similar. The spot I'd really like to put it is in the blank space between the home/reverse and forward/back buttons right below the screen, so its at least physically grouped with the rest of the audio controls. It would also do something with that empty filler that looks like it was supposed to be something but at the last minute some designer decided they didn't know what to do with it and just put a plate over it. While I can't say its impossible to do, I've had the radio stack out a couple of times to look behind and the prospects don't look so great. I would have to take a closer look to be sure, but I think where you located yours is a safer bet.

6 hours ago, 175vTrailbossLT said:

Hey guys- are you installing this sub in a truck with or without Bose? I have Bose but would like a little more bass. Too much bass comes through the speakers currently..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is with Bose.  It seems to take the load off the crappy speakers and puts it on the sub.  Overall it all sounds better.

• Like 1

Mine is with Bose.  It seems to take the load off the crappy speakers and puts it on the sub.  Overall it all sounds better.

Did you get just the 10” sub or the option with the amp kit?

Edit: wait if I already have the Bose, I don’t need the amp kit version right?

16 hours ago, 175vTrailbossLT said:

Did you get just the 10” sub or the option with the amp kit?

Edit: wait if I already have the Bose, I don’t need the amp kit version right?

When you enter your VIN on the Chevy/GMC accessories site, it tells you which one you need.  I have the Bose system and the Kicker sub comes with an amp and sub.

The expensive version with the DSP amp (which powers all the speakers) is for non-Bose trucks ONLY.

The standalone sub kit has a small amp attached that runs only the sub. It can be used on either Bose or non-Bose trucks and has instructions for both.

It takes a bit of the bass load off the door speakers, however since the EQ turns the bass down on both the door speakers AND the sub, there’s no way turn the EQ WAY down without losing bass from the sub as well. But between the knob, the dip switches, and the EQ, you can definitely get it sounding better.

My Kicker kit arrived as did the knob. With the Easter weekend here I doubt I’ll be able to carve out some time to get it installed. Might have to sneak in the garage and do it when everyone in the house is sleeping. The itch to get it done is now a full on skin clawing scratching!!!!

• 2 years later...

Hey Justinshort, I didn't see a knob in mine.  Kicker knobs are fairly cheap to buy on their own but the next question is, is there a port to plug the knob in?  I don't have my truck to verify at the moment.  I'll be getting it back later in the week and report back.

Edited by reese