Are every new 2021 Silverado/Sierra selling for over MSRP???

On 2/11/2022 at 1:53 PM, dieselfan1 said:

No deals.

No inventory near me. N.W. of Minneapolis.

Yesterday I paid sticker plus $3000 on a 2022 LTD LTZ. Sticker was a tick under $60,000.

Crappy deal but got $4500 less than I paid on my 2018 new (69,000 miles) for trade so it's a wash. Sad.

BTW I probably wouldn't have bought a new truck right now but was forced into it due to a dealer service dept. F up.

Oh My...Care to share what the service Dept did to your old truck? Post some pics of your new Ride.. 

1 hour ago, Mcarlo24 said:

Oh My...Care to share what the service Dept did to your old truck? Post some pics of your new Ride.. 

I took my stock 2018 Silverado to Wayzata Chevrolet, Wayzata MN.  for an oil change and a new thermostat.  They called and said the oil cooler lines were leaking so I told them to replace them.

Next day wife is driving home and check engine light comes on along with a low oil message. 

Bottom line the engine ran dry on oil .

It still ran but the damage was done. Bye bye .

I picked up a 2022 LTD LTZ. 

Screenshot_20220217-191345_Photos.jpg

BTW isn't Criswells where Mike Furman the Corvette top salesman in the country is?

Edited by dieselfan1

On 2/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, dieselfan1 said:

I took my stock 2018 Silverado to Wayzata Chevrolet, Wayzata MN.  for an oil change and a new thermostat.  They called and said the oil cooler lines were leaking so I told them to replace them.

Next day wife is driving home and check engine light comes on along with a low oil message. 

Bottom line the engine ran dry on oil .

It still ran but the damage was done. Bye bye .

I picked up a 2022 LTD LTZ. 

Screenshot_20220217-191345_Photos.jpg

BTW isn't Criswells where Mike Furman the Corvette top salesman in the country is?

Yo.. Very NIce Ride.. Sucks what you had to go through but I am sure you are not looking back... I checked Criswell's Team in MD and no Mike Furman...  BUt My Salesman Put a SOld Sign in the Vette just outside his office in the showroom.. So they SOld one while I was there..

• 2 weeks later...

bought a 22 silverado 2500 for 2k under MSRP back in october and took me forever to find that deal.....10-15k markup everywhere.....just got a Ram for 7k off MSRP but yeah alot of bait and switch goin on out there

50 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

And carprousa.com 

According to Car Bingo they only buy in select cities in Texas. 

Car Pro… isn’t that a podcast. I listened to that one day last summer and the guy thought GM was making Buick’s in NORTH Korea. How clueless can you possibly be?

Back to the topic.. dealers around me aren’t marking past MSRP. One smaller Chevy dealer guarantees $1000 off MSRP in addition to any rebates. 

Edited by Dirk13

2 minutes ago, Dirk13 said:

According to Car Bingo they only buy in select cities in Texas. 

Car Pro… isn’t that a podcast. I listened to that one day last summer and the guy thought GM was making Buick’s in NORTH Korea. How clueless can you possibly be?

Back to the topic.. dealers around me aren’t marking past MSRP. One smaller Chevy dealer guarantees $1000 off MSRP in addition to any rebates. 

The website saves thousands. I never heard the Buick deal. The radio show on Saturday is quite popular.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

And carprousa.com 

car bingo was really low......

carvana and car buyers usa so far best

try car pro......never know, sometimes one is low and another is high, month later its reversed

EDIT: car pro is car bingo....took me directly to their site

Edited by Dunn

7 minutes ago, Dunn said:

car bingo was really low......

carvana and car buyers usa so far best

try car pro......never know, sometimes one is low and another is high, month later its reversed

EDIT: car pro is car bingo....took me directly to their site

Carpro use to promote givemethevin.com. The show is based in Dallas with dealerships in different markets that have no hassle prices. California is represented. I belong to carpro but never used their service because I used to buy leftovers at usually 12-15K discounts. I was a high mileage driver. So I traded often. I wasn’t picky about color etc. so I’d buy longest on the lot discounts. So I would have equity on the trade. 

Just depends

Seen all of the car buying services offer lowest and highest depending on the time I was selling......carmax might be high this month but low next month.....same goes with most of others.....try em all and see who wins out

I try to buy biggest discount as well

...not horribly picky....just got a 21 Ram that been sitting since last july....they needed it gone am sure....down the street another dealer with same truck was 10k more....Rams have inventory which kills resale but whatever.....think am done buying for awhile.....still need to sell silverado though....

Wow I am lucky around here one of the largest dealers here is marking them down around $4500.00 average. I picked up a 22 LTD LTZ Z71 6.2L on Mar. 1st. I went back traded it in for another exact one different color yesterday it was $5000.00 off.

Last year I bought a 21 tacoma for MSRP which is hard to do anywhere right now.

Barry In MO.

20220313_121256.jpg

Edited by M1crazy

I bought my new 22 LTD RST 3.0 diesel early January. Crew cab 4wd, leather, + some other packages. I was content with buying a 1 or 2 year old one if I could find what I wanted. I knew supply was limited. I was looking from Maryland down to NC. ...long story short. Dealer called me from 1/2 mile away.  They wanted full MSRP of course. I finally said I was getting hungry and going elsewhere. They dropped it by $5k right there. I said deal and couldn't be happier. So they will deal with you. Just have to be willing to walk away.