Are every new 2021 Silverado/Sierra selling for over MSRP???

Around here it's still MSRP - GM rebates. No "market adjustments". Dealer stock is still low, but my local dealer did have a couple of AT4 Sierras still in the wrapper sitting around back when I rode through this morning. Inventory is showing up, just slowly. 

I also noticed the trade-in value of my '19 went down by about $300 on KBB yesterday. First time it has gone down in a while. If you're going to sell, probably best to get on it while the getting is still good. 

5 minutes ago, GarandPappy said:

I am really struggling to find out what I would be missing other than a 2" lift kit, black grille and wheels, red tow hooks, and maybe step boards. I actually like the white on the grille.  If there are other differences, I don't know what they are.  They have a red one as of today.

TruckPic.jpg

Black painted door handles, black front and rear bumpers, and the little Z71 badge in the grille. 

16 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Black painted door handles, black front and rear bumpers, and the little Z71 badge in the grille. 

Seriously?  Other than the 2" lift, that's it?  I think I'm better off with the RST and do the lift later.

1 hour ago, GarandPappy said:

Seriously?  Other than the 2" lift, that's it?  I think I'm better off with the RST and do the lift later.

The TB also has DuraTrac's, but yeah, that's pretty much it.

I agree with you on the second statement. The RST is the looker of the Chevy lineup. If you could get it with a power passenger seat and power folding mirrors, I would have had one.

On 6/5/2021 at 5:33 PM, PClancey said:

Just bought a new Trail Boss LT.  Yup.  All selling over MSRP.  Finally found a dealer to get it down to $2500 over.  Best I could do.  I'm in Southern California.

Of course, Liberals are driving up all the truck prices, due to overpopulation with higher birth rate, and their leases are expiring all the time. The distribution per-capita supply/demand rate is uneven across America, with California being the worst state in America, while Illinois state, where Laura GMC dealer is located, has the least population density.

Edited by waltchan

On 5/17/2021 at 1:09 PM, waltchan said:

Reynolds GMC in West Covina, CA will let me order a new Sierra today for MSRP exact. The sales manager who is an older gentleman told me that the price gap between supplier invoice price to MSRP is only $1,700 difference, and there's not much profit to take advantage of for the Sierra base-trim that I'm ordering with a 4.3L V6.

Is this my best route to go? Is the supplier invoice price the price that the dealer pays? Is this an honest statement made by the dealer? It does have the highest Yelp rating than any auto dealers (all brands) in California.

REYNOLDS BUICK GMC - 72 Photos & 240 Reviews - Auto Repair - 345 Citrus Ave, West Covina, CA - Phone Number (yelp.com)

Officially ordered from Reynold's GMC in West Covina, CA two weeks ago. Best price I can do is MSRP exact. He told me it's only a slim 50% chance it will get accepted by GM into allocation, and the order may be cancelled by end of September. What do you think?

4 hours ago, waltchan said:

Of course, Liberals are driving up all the truck prices, due to overpopulation with higher birth rate, and their leases are expiring all the time. The distribution per-capita supply/demand rate is uneven across America, with California being the worst state in America, while Illinois state, where Laura GMC dealer is located, has the least population density.

PM me if you want the dealer info from Myrtle Beach, SC for one equipped just like mine on with the special Cherry Red Tintcoat.  Sticker was a little more than mine due to the special color, and mine was like like $55582 and I believe there were $4-$5K of incentives that brought that down.

20 hours ago, GarandPappy said:

Hello from Myrtle Beach South Carolina!  Was looking like crazy for a 2021 Trail Boss, but only found a few new trucks in the area.  The first dealer I went to wanted to sell me a 2019 Trail Boss 30K miles for new sticker.  Went to another, and they only had 2 new trucks similar to what I wanted.  Actually got about 5K under sticker.  Really wanted the Trail Boss, but I went with the 2021 Z71 RST Crew Cab with the following options:

• Z-71
  • Allstar Edition Plus
  • 5.3 (w/o the Dynamic Fuel Management)
  • Leather Buckets
  • Bed Protection
  • Trailer Brake Controller.

I am really struggling to find out what I would be missing other than a 2" lift kit, black grille and wheels, red tow hooks, and maybe step boards. I actually like the white on the grille.  If there are other differences, I don't know what they are.  They have a red one as of today.

TruckPic.jpg

I had a 2019 RST as TB were 10-12k more at the time with same mindframe as you......fast forward 3 trucks later and bought an elevation and just put a TB/AT4 lift on it.....there isnt whole lot of difference  between the 2 and you get more features for less money.....its pretty simple to do

14 hours ago, waltchan said:

You're right. Capitol Chevy in Alabamy is selling for $4.00 off MSRP. That is literally $4.00 not $4k. Dangit, the Bama libs have done it again.

New 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 For Sale in Montgomery, AL - Satin Steel Metallic (capitolchevrolet.com) 

Just traded in my 19’ Silverado LT last month on a 21’ Silverado RST and got it for 5k under MSRP , sure it isn’t the 12-15k off like we are use to but it can be done with the right dealership .

I'm a Sales Consultant at a GM dealer in Louisiana.  Every other dealer around us has been selling for $5000 over on fullsize trucks and SUVs, but we are still selling at MSRP, as well as still accepting all Employee pricing.  Inventory situation is severely low, but we are making it through with occasional shipments.  A lot of trucks I have coming in have actually presold

2 hours ago, SilverSilvy said:

I'm a Sales Consultant at a GM dealer in Louisiana.  Every other dealer around us has been selling for $5000 over on fullsize trucks and SUVs, but we are still selling at MSRP, as well as still accepting all Employee pricing.  Inventory situation is severely low, but we are making it through with occasional shipments.  A lot of trucks I have coming in have actually presold

Are you giving the rebates/ customer cash?  I have a truck reserved right now that is supposed to show up later this morning or early next.  Right now I am set to get $3k in customer cash but who knows what it will be next month if the shipment slips to then (probably likely).  I am told that the transaction cant be completed prior to the truck being on the lot.  Does that seem right?

21 minutes ago, Josef said:

Are you giving the rebates/ customer cash?  I have a truck reserved right now that is supposed to show up later this morning or early next.  Right now I am set to get $3k in customer cash but who knows what it will be next month if the shipment slips to then (probably likely).  I am told that the transaction cant be completed prior to the truck being on the lot.  Does that seem right?

I figure that is dealer specific.  We are pre-selling right now, to take advantage of the guaranteed rebates for this month.  Seems each month we get into this inventory shortage, the rebates are getting less and less.  We are giving full rebates, customer cash, as well as any other offers currently offered, and one of the few dealers around here still accepting GM Employee numbers.  We feel like when this is all said and done, people will remember the dealers ripping people off by marking them over sticker and not accepting certain offers, so we are sticking with it!  

I just picked up my new 2021 Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab for MSRP.  However another dealer I was talking too was quoting a $5500 market increase fee.  Connecticut dealers here.

Edited by AwwWhatThe