8inch to 10inch Screen Upgrade

^ what he said. Have been waiting to test something that hopefully will work its been a bit challenging with the difference in bus standards between the vehicles that got 10" units and our trucks.

Anyone try using the Stinger High10?  Just saw this video, they are making this 10" screen work in a 2020 Silverado:

https://stingeroffroad.com/collections/shop-by-trucks-model/products/chevy-silverado-and-gmc-sierra-2008-2011-complete-stereo-replacement-kit

It's made for an older chevy, but it looks like this custom shop is getting it to work?  Anyone tried this route?? Anyone know of dash bezels or a custom shop in Florida where I am at??  thanks

Edited by kevin304
clarity

3 hours ago, kevin304 said:

Anyone try using the Stinger High10?  Just saw this video, looks like they are making a 10" screen work:

https://stingeroffroad.com/collections/shop-by-trucks-model/products/chevy-silverado-and-gmc-sierra-2008-2011-complete-stereo-replacement-kit

It's made for an older chevy, but it looks like this custom shop is getting it to work?  Anyone tried this route?? Anyone know of dash bezels or a custom shop in Florida where I am at??  thanks

That's for an 08-11.  Not sure what the relevance is here.  I can also suggest some units that will work in a 72 Blazer though.

16 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

That's for an 08-11.  Not sure what the relevance is here.  I can also suggest some units that will work in a 72 Blazer though.

Rob they claim it works in a 2020 Silverado, not sure on your confusion as the YouTube i posted shows it mounted in a 2020, it's the first 10 inch screen I've seen or heard of that actually works in the new silverado.  I posted on here to see if anyone who has done this mod can share some more pictures of it working in a 2020.  Also following this thread to see if any other options become available, thanks

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I dont believe fitting the screen is a issue. There are a few floating screens that look WAY better that fit. The issue im having is losing vehicle controls if i do switch the factory screen. Theres a product called maestro which allows you to still use factory vehicle controls with aftermarket screens but its not compatible with the new gmc/chevys yet. Maybe if everyone emails them asking for it we can get some new screens!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 1:06 PM, Paulythapitbull said:

I dont believe fitting the screen is a issue. There are a few floating screens that look WAY better that fit. The issue im having is losing vehicle controls if i do switch the factory screen. Theres a product called maestro which allows you to still use factory vehicle controls with aftermarket screens but its not compatible with the new gmc/chevys yet. Maybe if everyone emails them asking for it we can get some new screens!!!

Keep us updated. I would like a bigger screen. I wouldn't mind seeing if wams gets the 10 inch Tahoe screen working, then we might could get the 13.4 inch screen working from the new ones. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/8/2022 at 1:06 PM, Paulythapitbull said:

why not just keep the old svreen and mount a second display? has anyone done this yet? if so did you splice the wires or is there a harness adapter for this yet?

Has anybody tried sourcing a 9" or 10" screen of the same format and same resolution?  That should be the easiest approach.  This is something I will be looking into at some point, but I have too many other mods on my list above it, so it will be awhile.  But it's easy to source these smaller screens now...you just need to make sure you get the same connector format (or one you can adapt) and the same resolution and then it's just a matter of physical fabrication to make it fit and look nice.

Welcome to the forum. Much easier said than done Kevin. No one has successfully done this mod without losing steering wheel controls function or loss of some radio functions. I will be watching and waiting for you to solve this problem.

Please let us know when you have conquered this mod and exactly how you did it.

1 hour ago, Bikerjon said:

Welcome to the forum. Much easier said than done Kevin. No one has successfully done this mod without losing steering wheel controls function or loss of some radio functions. I will be watching and waiting for you to solve this problem.

Please let us know when you have conquered this mod and exactly how you did it.

this guy put a bigger one in but idk if he retained the controls but he left the origianal screen so idk why not. 

I tested a 10" tahoe screen plugs matched. Parts of it worked.  Tahoe is global b tech our trucks are global a.  So I tested a CT6 screen, I think I had to modify power plug, parts of it worked.  This is CT6 is global a, I sent a Cadillac CT6 screen to WAMS so they could test.  I believe WAMS has figured how to rework the resolution the in radio.  So a switch to 10" with oem functions would involve a new radio box (right side of dash) or radio box programming.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 10:37 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

I tested a 10" tahoe screen plugs matched. Parts of it worked.  Tahoe is global b tech our trucks are global a.  So I tested a CT6 screen, I think I had to modify power plug, parts of it worked.  This is CT6 is global a, I sent a Cadillac CT6 screen to WAMS so they could test.  I believe WAMS has figured how to rework the resolution the in radio.  So a switch to 10" with oem functions would involve a new radio box (right side of dash) or radio box programming.

I'd love to hear how this plays out.  I drive a '19 1500 LTZ, bought my wife a '21 Tahoe z71, and damn I do like that screen and setup.  The CT6 screen, I'm assuming it's similar to the Tahoe screen? Still a fair amount of fab required to make it look decent in the dash opening, right?  Getting to the point where I keep everything as is and just keep enjoying my truck, and I'll just get the new stuff when I go to a 24 or 25 HD truck. BUT, I see hyou did the 2021 WAMS upgrade for wireless android...how challenging was that?  Wouldn't mind getting the video rear view as well, if it's not a nightmare to upgrade.

Funny, putting the modular Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX in my 57 Chevy BelAir seemed like a pain in the neck (still not done), but it's just fabbing up some parts to make it fit under the speaker cover in the dash and pop up.  Having to mess with all the systems and controls on a new car is a nightmare!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, AustinQuattro said:

I'd love to hear how this plays out.  I drive a '19 1500 LTZ, bought my wife a '21 Tahoe z71, and damn I do like that screen and setup.  The CT6 screen, I'm assuming it's similar to the Tahoe screen? Still a fair amount of fab required to make it look decent in the dash opening, right?  Getting to the point where I keep everything as is and just keep enjoying my truck, and I'll just get the new stuff when I go to a 24 or 25 HD truck. BUT, I see hyou did the 2021 WAMS upgrade for wireless android...how challenging was that?  Wouldn't mind getting the video rear view as well, if it's not a nightmare to upgrade.

Funny, putting the modular Pioneer DMH-WC6600NEX in my 57 Chevy BelAir seemed like a pain in the neck (still not done), but it's just fabbing up some parts to make it fit under the speaker cover in the dash and pop up.  Having to mess with all the systems and controls on a new car is a nightmare!

Oh well, looks like I'll never find out...picked up a 24 Silverado HD 2500 yesterday, Midnight edition, LTZ with everything I could put on it including the diesel.  The interior is light years better.