What are your impressions of the Wrangler Territory MT’s?

My AT4 was an early 2021 build and it came with the 20” Wrangler Trailrunners. I had the Duratracs before but was hoping to get the Wrangler Territory MTs this time.  I’m not really a fan of the Trailrunners. They’re quiet but not as aggressive as I was hoping. I’m interested in hearing some real-world reviews of the 20” Territory’s. Can you list your mileage and impressions so far. How loud or quiet are they? Performance off road? Thanks. 

I’d be curious too!  I am contemplating buying a set of black 20” Trail Boss wheels/tires.  I currently have the 18” wheels and Duratracs, but think I want black wheels on this truck.

I'm coming from a Denali.  6k miles on AT4.  Tires certainly have more noise than Denali.  Enough you know they are there, but not loud.  6.2L 10 speed.  I get 18 mpg in mixed driving.  Only slightly better at 78mph highway.  Haven't really tested off road, wet and no snow yet.  I was worried about this, but based on experience so far would replace with same.

• Like 1

I had a chance to do some trail breaking on some snow covered forest service roads last winter and the tires did pretty good. Not dedicated snow tire good but still not bad.

I did not get a chance to drive on any icy roads as it was late in the winter here in Montana.

I do like the tires. If they have a reasonable lifespan I'll probably replace with the same.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 4:07 PM, GullLakeMi said:

I'm coming from a Denali.  6k miles on AT4.  Tires certainly have more noise than Denali.  Enough you know they are there, but not loud.  6.2L 10 speed.  I get 18 mpg in mixed driving.  Only slightly better at 78mph highway.  Haven't really tested off road, wet and no snow yet.  I was worried about this, but based on experience so far would replace with same.

Wow.  18 mpg?  I'm only getting 14 with my 6.2L AT4.  I only got about 17 in my 6.2L Denali.  I'm hoping the mileage gets better as the miles gets higher.

For once somebody posting mpg worse than me.  I usually run premium, but have checked my mileage using pump and odometer.  This is with only people and light bags as cargo.  It’s obviously worse towing trailer.  I’ll admit I drive pretty tamely, but not hyper-miling   Surprised you are that much lower.

1 hour ago, GullLakeMi said:

For once somebody posting mpg worse than me.  I usually run premium, but have checked my mileage using pump and odometer.  This is with only people and light bags as cargo.  It’s obviously worse towing trailer.  I’ll admit I drive pretty tamely, but not hyper-miling   Surprised you are that much lower.

I always run premium. What’s the point of getting the 6.2L if you don’t? I just crossed over 1000 miles and now I’m seeing around 15.5 mpg. That’ll work I guess. I could go two weeks between fill ups with the Denali. With the smaller tank and worse mileage I’m doing about every week right now. Been idling a bunch and not going into the office as frequently, so more city type driving. 

I’m probably heading to the hunting lease in a couple of weeks so will get my first look at real highway mileage. 

Edited by TxTruckMan

With my ‘16, 6.2L, the clunky 8 speed transmission took all the fun out of it so I would put in mid or regular gas from time to time just cuz.  I couldn’t tell a performance difference.  

With my ‘21, I try to use premium.  One convenient station now carries only regular.  I think I filled up anyway since I was already there, but haven’t gone back.

Hopefully your mileage improves with age.  Not sure how two similar trucks off the line would be that different (maybe it’s idle/city/highway/driver mix).

I can't answer your question about the GY Territory, but mine also came with the Trailrunners and I now have the p-rated Toyo AT3 in the stock 275/60r20 size.  I tried the KO2 first but did not like how they rode.....you could definitely tell they were a heavy d-rated tire.  Discount Tire swapped them out to the Toyo for me and I like them much better.  They ride as good as the Trailrunner but do make a bit smidge more noise.  They are an aggressive tire and seem to be wearing very well. 

The trail runners are a decent tire for what they are.  They're very quiet on the highway and have decent traction in light conditions.  What intrigues me me about the Territory MTs is that they're a light weight LT tire with better off road traction.  I don't know why they are LT rated as their specs are similar to the SL rated Trail Runners.  I'm really just curious as to how loud they are.  I liked the Duratracs I had on my last truck, but they got very loud as they wore.  I'd like to know what the LT means and how loud they get over time.

Edited by TxTruckMan

I have 20" Goodyear Trailrunners on my Cheyenne RST with the 5.3 V8, very happy with it, quiet, great traction on wet roads. I usually drive at around 60 mph and have been getting 26 mpg. Best was 30 mpg on a very flat surface.

Edited by Wiggums

On 10/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, 81mmcat said:

Lt= light truck

I know that that's what it stands for.  I'm more interested in what Goodyear did to the tire to call it an LT but it still weighs the same as the Trail Runner and it's much lighter and less capable than other LT tires of the same size.

Trail Runner 275/60R20 SL - 11/32" - 40 lbs - 2679 lbs

Trail Runner LT275/65R20 - 12/32" - 50 lbs - 3750 lbs (E)

Duratrac - 275/60R20 SL - 16/32" - 46 lbs - 2679 lbs

Duratrac - LT275/65R20 - 18/32" - 57 lbs - 3750 lbs (E)

Territory MT - LT265/60R20 - 15/32" - 42 lbs - 2335 lbs (C)

The Territory specs are not typical of LT tires.  In fact, the specs are lower than the other non-LT tires.  That's my question.

Well...I can't provide any driving insight on them.  To me, they look like they took the Duratrac design but made more fuel efficient.  An eco MT tire if you will. 

They are a lesser load index than most of the P series tires on these trucks too.  110 (2337lbs) where the 18" options are between 112-115 index (carry more weight).  

IMG_1604.thumb.jpg.a650541255192d72652ce2d2535ab0e3.jpg

IMG_1605.thumb.jpg.e537ee3c8eef8cc4b6de2fe20b33a285.jpg

IMG_1606.thumb.jpg.5a0bbcf0735be24293b30a7f009e6982.jpg

• Like 1