2020 Denali 22” replacement tires

20 hours ago, TinIndian69 said:

Thanks a lot for the input. I am thinking about going with a set for the winter and thinking about takeoffs. Really not sure if they did anything with the brakes on a 22” truck that would hurt me if I went down to an 18” or 20”from an AT4, I don’t want to run spacers.  Sounds like I’d be ok. 
CamGTP - the tires are the Bridgestone Alenza and it sounds like they are as bad or maybe worse than the Michelins you mentioned. 
One other question - when you swap tires/wheels, does the sensors automatically sync with the computer or do I have to invest in an overpriced tpms tool? So far the dealership has been covering the maintenance but I’ll be doing it next oil change which means tire rotation. 
Thanks in advance. 

Any 2019+ new body wheel will fit without a spacer.  Old stuff won't without spacers.

Smallest wheel 2019+up is still a 17".  

5 yrs ago, the tire selection for 22s was terrible. Now with how many Tahoes, ram limiteds, F150 limiteds, denali's and high countries they sell, there are a ton more options. Good all terrain options too. 275/50 is an oddball size. No idea why GM changed from the 285/45 they used for years. My guess is the get the extra inch of sidewall from 32 to 33.

My truck is a K2, and I just put these Cooper Rugged Treks on stock size 285/45. Cooper lists it at 32.36". I absolutely love these tires, I cannot believe how quiet they are for how aggressive of a tread pattern. They have tons of siping for snow too.

20211012_114249.jpg

New here.

Thinking of winter tires and rims.

Could I run Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac  (265 70 R17) tires on my 2020 Sierra 1500 without messing things up?

(with no TPMS's)

I wouldn't pick Durtracs as your winter tires. They are just blocks for tread, that doesn't push snow out real well and you'll be all over the place once it's a little icy out.

Past that, they would fit on the truck fine and if you didn't run TPMS sensors all you will deal with is the annoying light and warning on the dash for them.

I've got over 4,000 miles on my 22" Bridgestone Alenza's now, we had a lot of slushy accumulation on the roads here in WNY yesterday and I am more than happy with their performance in the slickery stuff, I did have it in "auto 4x4" and I also have the locker diff.....stopping performance was more than adequate as well. I don't think the OP said what make and model tire he has on his truck.