Catalytic Conveter Security

Justwine

Would be really grand if GMC or anyone could make a security device for the Catalytic converter.  Ideally a skid plate that also extends to cover it and be aero dynamic with the from and rear skid plates.  Ford has already done this, how far off are we?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/9/2021 at 8:09 AM, Justwine said:

Would be really grand if GMC or anyone could make a security device for the Catalytic converter.  Ideally a skid plate that also extends to cover it and be aero dynamic with the from and rear skid plates.  Ford has already done this, how far off are we?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking about opening my (home) garage on the weekends to etch VINs onto CCs.

BUT, at the same time, recycling places need to quit taking CCs that have been cut out.

You just pop out the biscuit and you get all the materials. It isn't hard to get around such a thing.

Also hard disagree. You have to cut out the cats on lots of vehicles to see the biscuit and see how full the cat is. 

Edited by shakenfake

• 1 month later...

yeah I have cats stolen in my hood all the time.  on my lifted trucks or 3500-4500 gasser trucks , i stack a bunch of oak pallets undernieth the trucks, and screw them together with wood screws, then i can easily move them in and out fron under the trucks with a pallet jack or forklift.   just chain both sides of the pallets together so they cant drag em out 

Edited by pokismoki