More content changes/deletions for 2022

MS3DALE

Important 2022 Model Year Order/Content Changes

November 12, 2021

Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Dealers,

As promised, we want to ensure you have the latest news regarding the global, industry-wide shortage of semiconductors.  Currently, we are seeing a better flow of semiconductors in our supply chain, most of our North American assembly plants are now back to running regular production, and volumes are increasing in the fourth quarter.  We are also pleased to inform you that several feature removals previously announced for the 2022 Model Year are no longer required, including the following:

• Climate Control Digital Temperature Display on 22MY Chevrolet Silverado LD LTD, Colorado and GMC Sierra LD Limited, Canyon, Acadia, Terrain
  • Side Blind Zone Alert on 22MY Buick Encore GX
  • Super Cruise on 22MY Cadillac Escalade

These changes demonstrate the mitigation efforts of our team as they work as quickly as possible to help meet the strong customer demand for our products. 

However, the situation remains complex and fluid. Today, we are announcing details impacting the availability of heated and ventilated seats and heated steering wheels on certain 2022 models. Each dealer has the responsibility to and must advise affected sold order customers immediately.

Please advise your sold order customers immediately and counsel directly with all customers who purchase affected vehicles to ensure each customer understands their vehicle's content.

Heated and Ventilated Seat Modules:

Heated driver and front passenger seats (KA1), heated and ventilated driver and front seats (KQV), heated second row outboard seats (KA6), front ventilated driver and front passenger seat (KU9), front driver ventilated seat (KU1) and front passenger ventilated seat (KU3) will no longer be standard or optional content on certain 2022 model year vehicles built beginning November 15th. The below tables provide each model and trim level impacted by this action, the date of the change, the RPO codes and the associated MSRP credit amount. The RPO codes will be reflected on the Dealer Invoice and the Monroney label of each impacted vehicle will include this credit and indicate that the vehicle is 'Not equipped with (any of the following) heated driver and front passenger seats (KA1), heated and ventilated driver and front seats (KQV), heated second row outboard seats (KA6), front ventilated driver and front passenger seat (KU9), front driver ventilated seat (KU1) and front passenger ventilated seat (KU3).'

Impacted CHEVROLET Models                        Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on     RPO          New RPO    Credit Amount
Malibu LT, Premier 12/10

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

Trailblazer LT, ACTIV, RS 11/15 KA1 00V $250
Blazer LT, RS, Premier 11/22

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$250

$500

Equinox LT, RS, Premier 11/22

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU3

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

Traverse

1LT, 3LT, RS, Premier

High Country (Rear Heat Only)

11/15

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

Colorado LT, Z71, ZR2 11/15 KA1 00V $250
Silverado 1500 LTD LT, RST, LT Trailboss, LTZ 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250

$500

Silverado 2500/3500 HD LT, LTZ 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250

$500

Impacted GMC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with   Production on     RPO          New RPO      Credit Amount
Canyon Elevation, AT4, Denali 11/15

KA1

KA1/KU1/KU3

00V

00V

$250

$500

Terrain SLE, SLT, AT4, Denali 11/22

KA1

KA1/KU1/KU3

KA6

00V

00V

00R

$250

$500

$200

Acadia

SLE/SLT/AT4

Denali (Rear Heat Only)

11/15

KA1

KA1/KU9

KA6

00V

00V

00R

$250

$500

$200

Sierra 1500 Limited SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250

$500

Sierra 2500/3500 SLE, SLT,AT4 11/15

KA1

KA1/KQV

00V

00V

$250 $500

Impacted BUICK Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on   RPO           New RPO         Credit Amount
Encore GX Preferred, Select, Essence 11/15 KA1 00V $250
Envision Preferred, Essence, Avenir 11/15

KA1

KA1/KU9

KA6

00V

00V

00R

$250

$500

$200

Enclave  Premium, Avenir (Rear Heat Only) 11/15 KA6 00R $200

Impacted CADILLAC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on           RPO      New RPO       Credit Amount
XT4 Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport 11/15

KA1

KA6

KA1/KU9

00V

00R

00V

$250

$200

$500

XT5 Luxury, Premium, Sport (Rear Heat Only) 11/15 KA6 00R $200
XT6 Luxury, Premium, Sport (Rear Heat Only) 11/15 KA6 00R $200

Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac are updating all consumer and dealer facing materials as appropriate. 

This change to the availability of heated and ventilated seats is currently expected to remain in place until further notice during the 2022 model year for all impacted vehicles. As semiconductor chipsbecome available, GM will build certain vehicles with heated and ventilated seats. Therefore, dealers and customers should refer to the window label to understand the features that are equipped on each individual vehicle.

Heated Steering Wheel:

Heated steering wheel (KI3) or (UVD) will no longer be standard or optional content on certain 2022 model year vehicles built beginning November 22nd. The below tables provide each model and trim level impacted by this action, the RPO codes and the MSRP credit amount. The RPO codes will be reflected on the Dealer Invoice and the Monroney label of each impacted vehicle will include this credit and indicate that the vehicle is 'Not equipped with Heated Steering Wheel.'

Impacted CHEVROLET Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on    RPO        New RPO     Credit Amount
Bolt EV 1LT, 2LT 11/22 KI3 00G $150
EUV LT, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Blazer RS, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Traverse 3LT, RS, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Trailblazer LT, ACTIV, RS 11/22 UVD 00G $150
Silverado 1500 LTD LT, RST, LT Trailboss, LTZ 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Silverado 2500/3500 HD LT, LTZ 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Tahoe LT, RST, Z71, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Suburban LT, RST, Z71, Premier 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Impacted GMC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on   RPO        New RPO    Credit Amount
Acadia SLE, SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Sierra 1500 Limited SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Sierra 2500/3500 SLE,SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Yukon SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150
Yukon XL SLT, AT4 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Impacted BUICK Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on  RPO        New RPO    Credit Amount
Encore GX Essence 11/22 UVD 00G $150
Envision Essence, Avenir 11/22 UVD 00G $150
Enclave Essence, Premium 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Impacted CADILLAC Models            Impacted Trims        Beginning with Production on   RPO        New RPO    Credit Amount
CT4 Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, V-Series 11/22 KI3 00G $150
CT5

Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, V-Series

11/22 KI3 00G $150
XT4

Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport

11/22 KI3 00G $150
XT5 Luxury, Premium WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package, Sport WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package 11/22 KI3 00G $150
XT6 Luxury, Premium WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package, Sport WITHOUT JSE Platinum Package 11/22 KI3 00G $150

Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac are updating all consumer and dealer facing materials as appropriate. For impacted vehicles, related functionality and all visual identifiers will be removed.

This change to the availability of heated steering wheel is currently expected to remain in place until further notice during the 2022 model year for all impacted vehicles.

Our teams are exploring ways to potentially retrofit vehicles with some for these features once parts become available.  We will provide additional updates when available.  By taking these measures, it will enable continued production and delivery of inventory to help respond to the strong customer and dealer demand for all our products as the industry continues to rebound and strengthen.

Dang, I was hoping to see “ Due to supply issues, all 5.3 and 6.2 trucks will now be without dfm and instead will have normal lifters from back in the reliable days. We are sorry to inform you that you may see an extremely slight decrease in mpg, but at least you will more than likely make it a few thousand miles without having to tear into the engine. “

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AD80 said:

Dang, I was hoping to see “ Due to supply issues, all 5.3 and 6.2 trucks will now be without dfm and instead will have normal lifters from back in the reliable days. We are sorry to inform you that you may see an extremely slight decrease in mpg, but at least you will more than likely make it a few thousand miles without having to tear into the engine. “

Wouldn't call going from 18 average mpg to 15mpg an extremely slight  decrease. These are GM numbers not mine 

That's 1,666 gallons more of fuel used in 150k miles. Or over 10,000 pounds 5tons of extra gas used. Or in today's gas prices $5,500.00. Or if all of the trucks T1 trucks GM had  sold had DFM removed they would have consumed 3.9 billion gallons more of gas at a cost of $13,200,000.00

And before you reply I'm not saying the whole DFM is perfectly reliable. I wish they would work to improve it.

Edited by Adamace1

11 hours ago, AD80 said:

Amusing they have to admit what some of us had said all along. It’s difficult to see real gains in fuel mileage for the average driver. My old Avalanche with a 373 rear at 55 mph can get close to 19 mpg. My 14 GMC could get 23 mpg at 55 cylinder deactivation off. That should satisfy most truck drivers. And not have to worry about the extra cylinder deactivation parts failure. 

On 11/12/2021 at 11:04 PM, Adamace1 said:

Wouldn't call going from 18 average mpg to 15mpg an extremely slight  decrease. These are GM numbers not mine 

That's 1,666 gallons more of fuel used in 150k miles. Or over 10,000 pounds 5tons of extra gas used. Or in today's gas prices $5,500.00. Or if all of the trucks T1 trucks GM had  sold had DFM removed they would have consumed 3.9 billion gallons more of gas at a cost of $13,200,000.00

And before you reply I'm not saying the whole DFM is perfectly reliable. I wish they would work to improve it.

No experience of my own, but from what I e read is that the folks who deleted the fan or dfm either said their mpg hasnt changed or very little. You may be right tho and even then, to me it’s a small price to pay to lose 1-2 mpg to have piece of mind that it won’t leave you stranded on side of the road 500 mi from home alone in the middle of the night. I’m not really worried about the long term reliability as I plan to trade in before warranty runs out, but now I have to worry about an engine failure on a new truck every time I take a long trip. I have a 19 5.3 now and was planning on getting the new 22, I’ll either get the diesel 3.0, or the new tundra. Won’t be getting another gm v8 unless they address the lifter issue.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:48 AM, KARNUT said:

Amusing they have to admit what some of us had said all along. It’s difficult to see real gains in fuel mileage for the average driver. My old Avalanche with a 373 rear at 55 mph can get close to 19 mpg. My 14 GMC could get 23 mpg at 55 cylinder deactivation off. That should satisfy most truck drivers. And not have to worry about the extra cylinder deactivation parts failure. 

I’m sure they know they have a problem and no telling what it’s costing them in warranty repairs. Like you said, they don’t want to admit it, but I was thinking  chip shortage would have given them something to blame it on and a good excuse to do away with it, but l guess not.

Even before the recent failures or bad batch, most of the afm engines that lasted a while, still probably wouldn’t make as far as the pre 2007 engines without it. Those lifters would eventually collapse weather it be 40k or 200k, it would probably be rare to see an afm with 250k + miles, without lifter failure, like you do the old 5.3’s

• Like 1

Makes me wonder exactly what intergrated circuits exactly are not available for these features. If nothing has changed from the k2 platform, there isnt a massive amount going on in the heated seats module (or memory module). Heated steering wheel really baffles me, they were so simple on the K2 platform... just a little box with a mosfet.

The engineer in me wants to think that wiring and motors and that kind of stuff isnt short... Thus... the core components can be installed, with the intentions of just installing the modules down the road (GM can ship these to dealers, programmed for the VINs that were to be sold with them originally).

What I do know for sure, is those credits suck! It costs a hella lot more to add these features down the road, and a real pain.

I purchased a Sierra 1500 without DFM on Thursday. According to the window sticker, the new MPG range is 14/20. Im guessing Ill get around 18ish If I am lucky. My 2016 Silverado I traded in for it got about that and I ran it with a range device.

I still feel the unions are to blame to a degree. GM would probably idle the plants to a degree if they can't produce enough chips to include all these features but still have to be paying the union. Who knows on the flip side they also know they can sell anything they make right now and also decided to keep cranking them out! Crazy times is all I know!

Edited by luke1333

2 hours ago, Jeremie Vanek said:

I've got an order currently for an AT4 with the 3.0 Duramax and if it arrives without heated seats and no written guarantee of a retrofit I'm moving over to Ford. This is ridiculous.

You better drive on over to the Ford dealer right now then. When GM removes the items they don't retrofit them back. Your dealer probably won't do it either. I'm betting they remove the controls for the heat from the dash as well.