Ordering new 2022

1 hour ago, GMCDenali1975 said:

Yup. I check 2-3 times a week. Order was submitted but has not been accepted by GM. I'm first in line for the refresh 2022 at my dealership.

It's not first come first serve. Dealers get specific allocation each week that allows them to order. You may be the first in line at your dealership, but if GM says they can only order an AT4 or SLT, you will be skipped until they get allocation on a Denali. Also constraints play into that as well. You may have ordered a package or feature such as a specific engine or CarbonPro or something that that is on constraint, that is causing you to be skipped. I ordered on February 2nd and finally got my order accepted on Wednesday. Although I was the first person to place an order for an AT4 at my dealership, I ordered CarbonPro which I knew was on constraint. This caused me to be skipped in line multiple times for AT4 allocations because I did not want to change my mind on the CarbonPro. Your dealer can view your order and see specifically what is on constraint on your vehicle order that is holding up your order being accepted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Guy Horneker said:

The dealer was subject to the same price increase on the invoice and their cost.

if they marked it retail sold with your name on it when it was ordered, it is price protected, other wise yes it would not be price protected, but if your name was on the order, you were again price protected  

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/04/gm-is-offering-price-protection-on-sold-customer-orders/

On 5/7/2022 at 9:09 PM, Guy Horneker said:

The dealer was subject to the same price increase on the invoice and their cost.

GMC very clearly started that price was locked in for folks that reserved and ordered. If that’s what you did, don’t let the dealer swindle you. Look at the emails GMC was sending you, they say you’re immune from the increases. 

• Like 1

Got an email this morning that said my CarboPro AT4 is being built. My TPW was this week so we’re tracking on time so far. 

I pinged GMC chat this morning after I got the email to see what they’d say and they actually gave me a response saying my TPW was the week of 5/9. It was the first time they’ve said anything other than my dealer had submitted the order or it was working it’s way toward production. That does mean though that at some point the chat team can see your TPW. I know we were debating that last week. 

Edited by Hickory

9 minutes ago, Guy Horneker said:

GMC never sent me any emails

If you went on gmc.com

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500

And clicked on the "Reserve Now" button, you would be prompted to pay a $100 refundable deposit and pick a dealer near you.  After you completed the reservation you would get a reservation number via email from GM and take that to your dealer to build your truck and place an order.  At that time your dealer should give you a 6 character order number.

If you haven't done/gotten those things you probably don't have anything on order and your dealer is simply waiting for something close to what you want to come in at which time they will probably sell it to the highest bidder.

22 minutes ago, Jay-knee said:

I Ordered on 2/01 and never got an order number either. I gave a 500.00 Deposit and signed the paperwork with the price. I haven’t heard anything from gmc either. 

I had to get my order number from my dealer. I never received any email from GMC on my order until it was finally accepted for production last month.