Ordering new 2022

2 hours ago, energyman2005 said:

Received email today saying my vehicle has been built!  It's apparently en route, but they have not told me of a timetable for delivery yet.

Congratulations!

On 5/2/2022 at 2:32 PM, energyman2005 said:

Received email today saying my vehicle has been built!  It's apparently en route, but they have not told me of a timetable for delivery yet.

Received another email today.  The truck is en route via rail and is one state away.  Called dealer and they thought it might arrive later this week, but admitted that was a guess.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:00 PM, flattie said:

Update:  Today, 5/5/2022 I received the email from GM saying they had accepted my order.  Basically 1 month to the day my dealer placed the order.  Just putting this out there for anyone interested in long the ordering process takes.  i will provide further updates as I get them from GM or the dealer.

Minor update.

Made a reservation for a 2022 refresh SLT on 4/2.  Ordered with a local dealer on the same day.  GMC chat confirmed the dealer placed the order on 4/5 but GM had not accepted the order at that time.  Today the dealership contacted me to let me know GM was telling them the truck could not be ordered with splash guards.  I told the dealer that was fine and to change the order to delete the splash guards.  GM as of today 4/26 still has not accepted the order from the dealer.

So the order I placed is for

1. 2022 SLT Crewcab shortbox 4x4 in summit white/jet black interior

2. 3.0L duramax

3. SLT trim

4. SLT premium plus package

5. X31 Off Road and protection package

6. power sunroof

The splash guards (part of the x31 off road protection package) seem like a weird item to have to delete but it is easy enough to order after market so it was a no brainer to agree to delete them from the build if that is what is holding GM up from accepting the order.  I went into this thinking 3 to 6 months.  Just going to have to wait and see I guess.

Anyone receive a Denali Ultimate yet?  I sent my order to dealer first part of March.  They have told me varying things. I know it hasn't been allocated, but they keep telling me that they are hopeful.  Wanting to see if I should stick with it or change trims, or change brands.  Ford is telling me I can have something in 4-6 months.  Just really want to get something this year. 

1 hour ago, Woodypeoples said:

Anyone receive a Denali Ultimate yet?  I sent my order to dealer first part of March.  They have told me varying things. I know it hasn't been allocated, but they keep telling me that they are hopeful.  Wanting to see if I should stick with it or change trims, or change brands.  Ford is telling me I can have something in 4-6 months.  Just really want to get something this year. 

Did you get an order number from your dealer?  Should be a 6 character value with letters and numbers.  If you have that you can go to gmc.com and use the chat feature to check status.  Start chat by saying "hi" and when they ask what do you need help with reply "order status".  They will ask for your order number and let you know if the dealer even placed the order with them and whether they've accepted it to begin building it.

My 2nd order was accepted Tuesday.  Waiting for a TPW now.  I had originally ordered a Glacier Blue RST Z71 but changed my mind after seeing GBM in person.  Love the color but I think I would get tired of it and it would be difficult to keep clean.  

So, I now have an order for Sand Dune Metallic ZR2.  Only option I selected is the power tailgate.  Really wish the multiflex tailgate had been available to order.  I will miss that option.

ZR2-1.jpg

On 4/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, edgart said:

Order update:

1. Ordered 1/27/22. AT4, 6.2L, Carbon Pro

2. Accepted 4/12/22

3. Got a TPW today of 5/9/22.

I think I will probably have it by early to mid June.

Is your TPW still showing as next week?

6 minutes ago, edgart said:

GMC chat says they don’t know the TPW. Dealer still says 5/9/22. Don’t know how dealer has more info than GMC themselves

I wouldn’t assume chat has access to all information GMC holds and that they are willing to share it with you. 

3 hours ago, edgart said:

GMC chat says they don’t know the TPW. Dealer still says 5/9/22. Don’t know how dealer has more info than GMC themselves

I wonder the same thing as well. My dealer is still showing 5/9 for mine too but I get the same generic message from the chat each time. It makes me hesitant since the chat makes it sound like it’s still being processed but hopefully we get good news next week.  

10 minutes ago, Hickory said:

I wonder the same thing as well. My dealer is still showing 5/9 for mine too but I get the same generic message from the chat each time. It makes me hesitant since the chat makes it sound like it’s still being processed but hopefully we get good news next week.  

I talked to a real person through the chat. They still don’t know the TPW date. Maybe they are just not willing to give it. 

13 minutes ago, edgart said:

I talked to a real person through the chat. They still don’t know the TPW date. Maybe they are just not willing to give it. 

The Chat on GMC.com is not there for the sole purpose of giving people build updates. I’m sure if you asked the opinion of GM, they would say go ask your dealer.

The person you’re talking to is just reading what comes up on a screen no doubt and without having knowledge of how their systems work and what information is accessible where, it would be foolish to assume this person has all the info.