Ordering new 2022

3 hours ago, KVelec4326 said:

Ordered my refreshed elevation 1500 on 3/4. Moved to 3000 on 3/22 and 3400 on 4/2. TPW of 4/18.

Hoping to see a Fort Wayne build as I am in Metro Detroit. 

They are building them in Oshawa Canada three hours away from me and my new trucks VIN is from Mexico. I think they just shoot the orders out based off of plant capacity at the time lol

5 hours ago, 2fastmc said:

How long did it take for you to get a build number from your dealer ?

On March 25th I got an email from GMC with my order number. I hadn't really asked or bugged the dealer prior for it.

On 4/6/2022 at 4:51 PM, Saso said:

I order my AT4 on 4/5/22 I was told at list 6 months more likely 8 ....... WTF happened to america, I live in the motor city and I can't get a truck when I want ....

Not just America, Canada sold out to China as well, now we are paying the price.

• Like 1

Ordered a 22 refreshed LTZ on Feb. 15 and truck was at dealer  April 6........Getting trail Boss 2" kit installed and picking up this week.     NB Canada

IMG_0080.jpeg

Edited by goosehunter
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 4:49 PM, Dirk13 said:

100% guarantee someone will pay it. $5k on $83k isn’t even a big percentage mark up versus what has been seen over the last year. 

Me? I’m not, but I’m also not in SoCal. Dealers here sell for MSRP or under. I have an order in that I’ll pay supplier pricing (about $4k under MSRP) for when it shows up, but I also qualify. I don’t think I’d even pay MSRP, I just wouldn’t buy a new truck. 

Dirk13 who are you ordering from that you can get $4000 below MSRP.  Both Ford and Dodge have dealerships around the US allowing customers to order for 3% or more below invoice but I have not seen any GM truck dealer advertising below invoice ordering.  I am fine to wait if ordering takes 6 months, I am not fine with paying over MSRP for anything and most dealers here want MSRP or more.  I live in Massachusetts so am willing to go anywhere on the northeast for below invoice ordering.  

Thanks

• Like 1

Thought I would give an update for Denali Ultimate peeps.  

Got an email from the dealership today that stated even though the truck was marked as "produced" that GM won't be delivering any Denali's or AT4's until the end of April.  

Chatted with the GMC reps myself they didn't know anything about the delivery delays.  They usually don't seem to have much info.  But did state the vehicle was produced on 3/31/22.  Currently 3800 status not the 4200-4300 status which I think means its actually shipped. 

Anyhoo just passing along what I have heard, don't know exactly what about the supposedly delay is accurate or not.  

6 hours ago, Brian Silva said:

Dirk13 who are you ordering from that you can get $4000 below MSRP.  Both Ford and Dodge have dealerships around the US allowing customers to order for 3% or more below invoice but I have not seen any GM truck dealer advertising below invoice ordering.  I am fine to wait if ordering takes 6 months, I am not fine with paying over MSRP for anything and most dealers here want MSRP or more.  I live in Massachusetts so am willing to go anywhere on the northeast for below invoice ordering.  

Thanks

I qualify for GM Supplier Pricing because of where I work. The dealer I ordered through is allowing me to take advantage of that. Most dealers are not. And you won’t get that discount here if you aren’t eligible. They give $1000 off MSRP to everyone though.

Middle of nowhere Pennsylvania is a long drive from Mass for $1000 off but send me a direct message if you’re interested in the dealer name

4 hours ago, edgart said:

Update on my order:

Ordered AT4 Carbon Pro 6.2L pretty much fully loaded on 1/27/22 from my dealer in Southern CA. Finally got accepted by GM today and is moving towards production.

Got the same message today on my Carbon Pro AT4 order that I put in on 1/14. Moved now to event code 3000. 

Edited by Hickory

Hey all.  New member here.  Figured I would post here to track my ordering experience as it moves forward.  Made a reservation and placed an order for a SLT, Crew Cab, Short Bed with the 3.0 duramax on 4/4/22.  SLT Premium pkg, x31 pkg, and sunroof.  Dealer had no idea how long it might take.  I'm guessing 3 to 6 monhts. but we will see. As of 4/12/22 GM has not accepted the order from the dealer. 

15 minutes ago, flattie said:

Hey all.  New member here.  Figured I would post here to track my ordering experience as it moves forward.  Made a reservation and placed an order for a SLT, Crew Cab, Short Bed with the 3.0 duramax on 4/4/22.  SLT Premium pkg, x31 pkg, and sunroof.  Dealer had no idea how long it might take.  I'm guessing 3 to 6 monhts. but we will see. As of 4/12/22 GM has not accepted the order from the dealer. 

I order mine last week here in michigan , I was told 6 months minimum. that if things are going the way they are, chances are will get worse.