Ordering new 2022

On 4/21/2022 at 12:00 PM, BigBadSierra said:

Mines built still waiting for delivery to the dealer been three weeks so far.

Any update on when you get your truck? When was it built? Curious to know ETA of delivery. My ZR2 was built last week.

42 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

Any update on when you get your truck? When was it built? Curious to know ETA of delivery. My ZR2 was built last week.

It's at the dealer. Just need a day or two for them to get it into their inventory then going in to do the deal.

278756163_1207845826688742_5092605788795976711_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBadSierra said:

It's at the dealer. Just need a day or two for them to get it into their inventory then going in to do the deal.

278756163_1207845826688742_5092605788795976711_n.jpg

Nice. Looks good. So about 3 week delivery time after build week?

20 hours ago, edgart said:

Order update:

1. Ordered 1/27/22. AT4, 6.2L, Carbon Pro

2. Accepted 4/12/22

3. Got a TPW today of 5/9/22.

I think I will probably have it by early to mid June.

Did you get that update via email or your dealer? I put my order for a Carbon Pro around the same time as you and had it accepted on the same day so I’m hoping I hear something soon too. 

43 minutes ago, Hickory said:

Did you get that update via email or your dealer? I put my order for a Carbon Pro around the same time as you and had it accepted on the same day so I’m hoping I hear something soon too. 

I got it from my dealer. The GMC chat did not provide it. 

Have any of you had an issue with the dealership leaving off an option that you requested to be added when building your truck? My dealership forgot to add the Power up/down option that i wanted and my truck has already been built... is it possible for this option to be retrofitted?

Minor update.

Made a reservation for a 2022 refresh SLT on 4/2.  Ordered with a local dealer on the same day.  GMC chat confirmed the dealer placed the order on 4/5 but GM had not accepted the order at that time.  Today the dealership contacted me to let me know GM was telling them the truck could not be ordered with splash guards.  I told the dealer that was fine and to change the order to delete the splash guards.  GM as of today 4/26 still has not accepted the order from the dealer.

So the order I placed is for

1. 2022 SLT Crewcab shortbox 4x4 in summit white/jet black interior

2. 3.0L duramax

3. SLT trim

4. SLT premium plus package

5. X31 Off Road and protection package

6. power sunroof

The splash guards (part of the x31 off road protection package) seem like a weird item to have to delete but it is easy enough to order after market so it was a no brainer to agree to delete them from the build if that is what is holding GM up from accepting the order.  I went into this thinking 3 to 6 months.  Just going to have to wait and see I guess.

9 hours ago, edgart said:

I got it from my dealer. The GMC chat did not provide it. 

Thanks for the heads up. I called my dealer and turns out I’ve got a 5/9 TPW as well. Looks like they’re ramping up to start doing the Carbon Pro AT4 now since all these dates are the same no matter when we ordered. 

February 17 - Sierra AT4 Reserved at dealership in Houston

February 25 - Received email from GMC "Placing Order"; received Order Number

March 11 - Notified of "Tentative Build Week of April 4th"

March 28 - Target Production Week of April 4th

April 27 - Received Status update email from GMC - still says Target Production week of 4/4 in it

Per dealer, vehicle not built yet, so we're nearly one month behind their initial target...