Ordering new 2022

Finally picked up my CarbonPro AT4 today. Reserved in October and ordered in mid-January. I had the same issue as others are having now where it showed up at a higher price than what I ordered which was a bit of a surprise. My dealer ended up getting approval to knock the price down to the original number we landed on which I really appreciated. 

spacer.png

Edited by Hickory

19 hours ago, jjuddz said:

Ok, so I get everything y’all are saying, but since the dealer doesn’t know how to do that *cough *, how do I go through GM to get it changed?

Did you order GMC and reserve, and thus have been getting emails? If so go back to the early ones and see at the bottom where it says you have your price set. Show that to them and push them to do something about it. They really need to be the ones to do something.

If you really want the truck and they won’t do anything then just pay it yourself and fight with GM customer service to be reimbursed. 

22 hours ago, Guy Horneker said:

It depends on if you had an early $100 reservation and when your order dates were placed and accepted and the build date.

Reservation was only a GMC thing. I have a Chevy coming and am still paying the price at order, no reservation, not a cent out of my pocket so far.

and you mention build/production dates. I’m pretty sure that is a typo in the article you guys are mentioning. People are paying (or should be) the price at time of ORDER PLACEMENT, not at time of production. It says this right in your GMC emails. 

17 hours ago, Guy Horneker said:

Nice truck Hickory. I am happy it all worked out for you.

Thanks man! I’m extremely happy with waiting it out now that I see it live. When I got there though and saw the increased price on the window sticker, I immediately thought of your experience and was going to hop on here to see how you got it fixed. Thankfully they were able to get the number knocked down quickly somehow so we dodged a bullet there. 

On 6/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, Littleredtruck said:

My truck was built in mid may. Dessert sand at4 with the 3 liter. It has been sitting there for almost a month. Has any one else had long build to ship times?

Yes.  Very common right now.  I'd bet that these 3800 units that are sitting are missing parts.  GM has stopped putting the MP and 4D00 status on vehicles so I don't know for sure but there's really no other reason for vehicles to sit for 1+ months at 3800 after production.  

Edited by GearheadSS

I received an email from the sales manager at the dealer that the 6.2L was not available and I would have to decide on the 5.3L or 3.0L for my "Denali order". OK, as I ordered a AT4X and it only comes with the 6.2L, this does not pertain to me - right?

I also got an email from GMC\Buick saying that I needed to confirm my order with my dealer for my "2019 GMC Sierra 1500" - what? I do have a 2019 Sierra AT4, at present.

Seems like GM and my GMC dealer are very confused and sending out emails with incorrect\misleading information. When I reply with what I "think they are asking", this only creates more confusion. I have no idea what the status of my AT4X order is, at present. Reserved on the first day and placed order in January, which was confirmed by GM. Received production confirmations and all that.

No freaking clue what is happening and when I will actually receive my truck. Very happy, however, I have my current AT4 and got Falken ATW's, which greatly improved the offroad capabilities with minimal impact to onroad composure.

gmauthority has an article today saying now the 3.0L LM2 diesel is on constraint and dealers will be contacting people with orders - sounds like options are either the 2.7 or 5.3 or wait until next year for the 2023 with the new LZ0 engine.  Ordered 4/4/ gm accepted order 5/5 but still no TPW so I'm guessing I am not getting a truck built this year.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  My dealer has some 2022 Limiteds with the 3.0L diesel.  Downside to that is it doesn't have the refreshed interior, no HD surround vision which I am kind of ambivalent about and they are lacking parking assist, rear cross traffic alert, heated steering wheel and heated/ventilated/cooled seats - to be retrofitted at some future date whenever parts become available. 

I feel like the supply chain issues aren't going to get better and waiting for 2023's seems like that's no guarantee of getting a truck built either and with the way prices on everything are going up its a safe bet the 2023's will cost even more than the 2022 refresh..  At the same time if I "settle" for a 2022 limited it won't have the items noted above - I'm not confident the parts come in for the missing features anytime soon either - if ever. 

Alright guys and gals, I ordered my 3.0 LT Trailboss on 2/11, GM accepted the order on 4/12 with a TPW of 5/9.  It arrived at the dealership on 6/6 and I picked it up on 6/14 (ordered from an out of state dealer).  Only thing it didn't have was the front park assist chip.  I did get hosed on the MSRP price increase though...

67656784084__1CAE8394-F1BF-45F9-8CE9-64ED611367F6.jpg

Looks like I might get lucky.  Order placed 4/4,  order accepted 5/5.  Just received an email 6/20 from GM that the truck is being built.

SLT

crew/short bed

premium plus pkg

3.0 L Duramax

x31

sunroof

7 hours ago, jjuddz said:

Alright guys and gals, I ordered my 3.0 LT Trailboss on 2/11, GM accepted the order on 4/12 with a TPW of 5/9.  It arrived at the dealership on 6/6 and I picked it up on 6/14 (ordered from an out of state dealer).  Only thing it didn't have was the front park assist chip.  I did get hosed on the MSRP price increase though...

67656784084__1CAE8394-F1BF-45F9-8CE9-64ED611367F6.jpg

You need to contact GM. You should not have paid the MSRP increases.