I bought a 1992 K1500 GMC Pickup a few months ago and it had an existing issue with the washer fluid pump in which the seller said it would not turn off, so they removed the fuse for that.  But also the wipers only work on either high speed or with a manual push of the washer tab (so they don't work on intermittent or regular low speed).  When turned off, they stop wherever they are and do not return to the down position.  I have now been in enough highway rain that this situation is bugging me.  Does this seem like a problem with just the switch in the arm, or is it likely all of the way back to where the harness for that plugs in under the dash or even farther?  (A lot more labor to get the whole harness out.)  Any idea how to test to determine where the problem is without removing lots of steering column and dash parts? 

Thanks,

Woodman

its probably the circuit board on the wiper motor causing no intermitten etc. they had a recall I believe back in the day. try unplugging the wiper motor and see if that shuts the pump . if not its probably the switch