Rear seats, what is with no cup holders.

Bit of a gripe but at the same time, a mod I just ordered, sort of? 

My 2012 Sierra SL had fold down cup holders in the back seat, why in the world would GM do away with cup holders, especially when you have the middle jump seat in the front. Door pockets are not going to cut it, I'm sure some of you have drank out of a Tim Hortons cup, worst lids ever. At least with a center console, there's some cup holders at the back of it. 

Before anyone comments, there's an upgrade, I know. But my LT didn't have it. It was a pre-ordered truck and already being built by the time they told me it was coming to the lot.

So on to the good new, found a brand new Sierra at a junk yard and I'm having the entire seat sent. Is that a mod? Not sure, cost enough to be considered one I guess. 

You'd think it'd be easier for GM to just make one seat style. O well, rant over! 

• Like 1

Tim who???  This is America.  We like options, and manufacturers love to charge more for options.  You get what you pay for.  Another thing we like is lids that stay on cups.  Maybe that's why Tim Horton's isn't a thing in the USA.

'Murica!

20 hours ago, latreille89 said:

So on to the good new, found a brand new Sierra at a junk yard and I'm having the entire seat sent. Is that a mod?

If you change the caps on your valve stems, that is a modification. Post some before, during, and after pictures so other get a feel of what is involved to do this.

24 minutes ago, Transient said:

Tim who???  This is America.  We like options, and manufacturers love to charge more for options.  You get what you pay for.  Another thing we like is lids that stay on cups.  Maybe that's why Tim Horton's isn't a thing in the USA.

'Murica!

https://www.organizingforsustainability.com/single-post/2014/10/25/tim-hortons-hiding-behind-a-façade-of-corporate-citizenship

"Tim Horton’s is an iconic Canadian brand, known for its doughnuts and signature coffee that I’ve recently learned is a top secret recipe known only by three people. Indeed, it’s critical for Tim Horton’s to keep this intellectual property out of the hands of competitors especially given the fact that many visitors to Canada liken the coffee to the liquid that would ring out of soaked dirty dress socks" 

😉

21 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

https://www.organizingforsustainability.com/single-post/2014/10/25/tim-hortons-hiding-behind-a-façade-of-corporate-citizenship

"Tim Horton’s is an iconic Canadian brand, known for its doughnuts and signature coffee that I’ve recently learned is a top secret recipe known only by three people. Indeed, it’s critical for Tim Horton’s to keep this intellectual property out of the hands of competitors especially given the fact that many visitors to Canada liken the coffee to the liquid that would ring out of soaked dirty dress socks" 

😉

It's definitely lost its charm since it got bought out by RBI aka, Burger King. Much prefer McCafe stuff over it any day.

51 minutes ago, Transient said:

'Murica!

Come on now, there's Tims in NY state. Best part, they use a different lid that works. 

2 hours ago, latreille89 said:

Come on now, there's Tims in NY state. Best part, they use a different lid that works. 

When was the last time something good came out of New York?  I can't think of something presently, lol.

Also, I noticed a post that said Tim Horton's is known for coffee and donuts.  No wonder I don't know about them.  America has Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts.  However, I don't drink coffee and prefer Duck Donuts. 

3 hours ago, Transient said:

When was the last time something good came out of New York?  I can't think of something presently, lol.

Also, I noticed a post that said Tim Horton's is known for coffee and donuts.  No wonder I don't know about them.  America has Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts.  However, I don't drink coffee and prefer Duck Donuts

Is that something new in California??  🤣

20 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

Is that something new in California??  🤣

Nope.  Outer Banks, North Carolina.  A few franchises had opened up in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Virginia before I moved to California.  The company started in Duck, North Carolina, hence the name.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:20 PM, latreille89 said:

Bit of a gripe but at the same time, a mod I just ordered, sort of? 

My 2012 Sierra SL had fold down cup holders in the back seat, why in the world would GM do away with cup holders, especially when you have the middle jump seat in the front. Door pockets are not going to cut it, I'm sure some of you have drank out of a Tim Hortons cup, worst lids ever. At least with a center console, there's some cup holders at the back of it. 

Before anyone comments, there's an upgrade, I know. But my LT didn't have it. It was a pre-ordered truck and already being built by the time they told me it was coming to the lot.

So on to the good new, found a brand new Sierra at a junk yard and I'm having the entire seat sent. Is that a mod? Not sure, cost enough to be considered one I guess. 

You'd think it'd be easier for GM to just make one seat style. O well, rant over! 

Agreed, the armrest/cupholder should be standard, at least on an LT. I bought a cleaning products caddy and added dividers using long zip ties so now I have eight cup holders. It has proven handy on road trips and makes it easy to load out the empty coffee and water bottles in one trip. I plan on adding a non-skid rubber grip on the bottom, but I usually set it on the floor in the back so that hasn't been an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006ICOT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

25 minutes ago, voided3 said:

Agreed, the armrest/cupholder should be standard, at least on an LT. I bought a cleaning products caddy and added dividers using long zip ties so now I have eight cup holders. It has proven handy on road trips and makes it easy to load out the empty coffee and water bottles in one trip. I plan on adding a non-skid rubber grip on the bottom, but I usually set it on the floor in the back so that hasn't been an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006ICOT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Smart idea. We like to travel with family so usually 4 of us and cup holders / armrests are a necessity in the rear. Wish I could have known before the truck was accepted by gm to be built but whatever. Hopefully by the end of the week the new seats are in. 

This annoyed me as well. Luckily I ended up ordering my truck and ordered the rear seat storage package to get the armrest/cup holders. Door cup holders are only good for bottles with caps, not any kind of fast food/gas station drinks.

BTW there's a bunch of Tim Horton's in Michigan in the last 8ish years. I thought they had doughnuts too and when I went to one they had breakfast sandwiches and no freaking doughnuts! First and last time I went there.