What about quiet tires?

GN2018

So there is a thread about loud tires but I’m wondering about quiet tires.  I have my stock Bridgestone tires and they seem a pretty good balance between an all season tire and being quiet.  My guess is that my next set will be Michelins.  Not sure what model.  Any recommendations on a good, all season quiet tire?  Note that off road for me is parking on my lawn when there’s not enough room in my driveway so that’s not a consideration.

50 minutes ago, GN2018 said:

So there is a thread about loud tires but I’m wondering about quiet tires.  I have my stock Bridgestone tires and they seem a pretty good balance between an all season tire and being quiet.  My guess is that my next set will be Michelins.  Not sure what model.  Any recommendations on a good, all season quiet tire?  Note that off road for me is parking on my lawn when there’s not enough room in my driveway so that’s not a consideration.

What size tires are we talking about and what truck?

This is the tire that came OEM: Bridgestone Dueler HT D/684 255 70R17

125,000 miles of trouble free service which I thought were both quite and comfortable. 

bs_dueler_ht_d684_ii_full.jpg?imwidth=440&impolicy=tow-pdp-main

These were even better: 

PIRELLI SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II -

265/65R17

UTQG: 740 A A 

Scorpion Verde™ All Season Plus II

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GN2018 said:

Fwiw, the 'all seasons' will be quieter than 'all terrains', which will be quieter than 'mud terrains'. 

If you don't need all season or all terrain a 'highway' tire should be even quieter and provide better tire life.

I've been a Michelin LTX AT/2    ( there is also a new LTX MS ) 

https://www.michelin.ca/en/auto/browse-tires/by-category/light-truck

But haven't bought in a few years and always interested to hear what is new or what others are having success with.

Do not buy the Nitto Ridge Grappler if you see heavy amounts of snow and deal with ice on the roads. Just look at the tread pattern, they are garbage on anything icy. Trust me on that one, we sell a lot of them here and hear all the complaints because too many stupid people only care about how the tire looks and not how they perform when you need them to.

Michelin Defenders are going to be some of the best tires out there. Pirelli makes a nice tire too for an all season that is quiet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Do not buy the Nitto Ridge Grappler if you see heavy amounts of snow and deal with ice on the roads. Just look at the tread pattern, they are garbage on anything icy. Trust me on that one, we sell a lot of them here and hear all the complaints because too many stupid people only care about how the tire looks and not how they perform when you need them to.

Michelin Defenders are going to be some of the best tires out there. Pirelli makes a nice tire too for an all season that is quiet.

Thanks, I’ll do my homework. I may even go to a summer/winter set up.  Got time and looking for advice.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

That is not an all season highway tire. 

🤫

They do just fine on the highway.  Literally ride like stock.  I run these year round, however I do live in the south.  We recently had snow and ice and they did just fine.