Heated seat and steering wheel retrofit?

I canceled my order for my 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0l Duramax, because I was able to locate one in a neighboring state.  I found the best way to locate a truck, was to keep checking autotrader and look for newly listed.  Set your criteria, and look in your area.  If you see something newly listed, contact the dealer.  The truck I saw as newly listed was spoken for, but the salesman said he would look to see what they had coming in.  They had my truck coming in, and I put a deposit on it.  The rest is history.  I got a 2022 1500 Elevation with the Duramax, X31, and driver alert package.  Anyway, as far as the heated steering wheel and seats retrofit, how are they going to notify the customers that the vehicle is ready for the retrofit?  My salesman had surgery the day I picked it up, so I forgot to ask, and was not told the process.  Will the dealer call?  GM will notify customers?  Thanks

We recently purchased my wife a 2022 Terrain and they said that we would be notified by GM we were good for the retrofit. They said it looks like this summer, maybe fall before that takes place though.

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:27 AM, slimjim2525 said:

I canceled my order for my 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0l Duramax, because I was able to locate one in a neighboring state.  I found the best way to locate a truck, was to keep checking autotrader and look for newly listed.  Set your criteria, and look in your area.  If you see something newly listed, contact the dealer.  The truck I saw as newly listed was spoken for, but the salesman said he would look to see what they had coming in.  They had my truck coming in, and I put a deposit on it.  The rest is history.  I got a 2022 1500 Elevation with the Duramax, X31, and driver alert package.  Anyway, as far as the heated steering wheel and seats retrofit, how are they going to notify the customers that the vehicle is ready for the retrofit?  My salesman had surgery the day I picked it up, so I forgot to ask, and was not told the process.  Will the dealer call?  GM will notify customers?  Thanks

I was told GM would send out a letter in the mail, most likely sometime in the 4th quarter. Does your adaptive cruise work? Mine does not, wondered if it was part of the same retrofit. 

Edited by Bigdr_5

My adaptive cruise control works but my park assist and heated and vented seats do not. I was told repeatedly that the steering wheel would not be heated but my window sticker and documentation for the dealership says it will be dealer installed just like the park assist and heated seats. I do not have a button for heated steering wheel currently. 

I just got my 2022 3500HD a few weeks ago and i had to sign 3 documents, from GM, stating that the heated steering wheel, heated/ventilated seats and the parking sensors would be retrofitted when the chips became available. Seats and parking sensor buttons are present but non-functional and the steering wheel is missing the button completely for the heated steering wheel.

My sales guy said he heard it would more than likely be the 4th quarter of 2022 when the chips came in, and i would bring it back to the dealership to get them retrofitted.

I do find it funny how they say, "When available", but yet new trucks are coming out with the features intact. So, apparently they are available, just not to us lol.

• Thanks 1

My refresh AT4 is due in this week and has the Steering wheel, seats, and parking sensors needing to be retrofitted... I was told late summer on the seats and sensors. The Steering wheel would likely be the end of Q3

My dealer was pretty adamant that it would be later this month or first of June for my heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and park sensors to be retrofitted in my '22 refresh. I have all the buttons in the truck, they just don't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the best way to see if your missing options are available for retrofit is to look at the Monroney Label (window sticker).  If there is a credit for a missing option and it states "Includes Later Retofit", then once the missing chips are available GM will notify you and you can get them installed at the dealership.  Earlier on, some options (such as heated steering wheel) were stated as missing and didn't state anything about a retrofit.  Those options are permanently deleted.  Check the window sticker before buying to see if the options they're deleting can be added back later - it would make a difference to me.  My LTZ was already built, but I had to wait 6 months before it was shipped because they hadn't started doing the retrofit option. 

Edited by JohnMr19

Man I cant wait to get my heated seats retro fitted. I love them for my back on long rides. It’s funny because my truck came with the heated steering wheel which I don’t really need here in south Florida. 

• Like 1

yeah that steered me away from 22s LTD and refresh........pay a ****** ton of money it should be there, i however did find a late release model 21 AT4 that had everything working and discount (b4 the refresh was even announced) and waited just a hair too long deciding and bam it was snatched.....also was the month when trucks had the highest trade in value ......I totally blew it!, i wanted that truck but was like whateves, no worries...........truck got sold , couldnt find another and my trade dropped for 3 months til i sold it( at a profit but not much).....now am in a Ram and its good so far (resale sucks balls on them and there is ton available)

idk why i waited, i knew better

really wanted that AT4 and even more so once it was sold and nothing left behind it.......Ram has alot more creature comforts but function and quality the GM was superior!.......ill be back, just be awhile since market isnt same