Fuel prices

KARNUT

6 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Ouch!   We're only around $2 per litre here.... 😉     

Per liter?? So about $7.57 a US gallon? COSTCO here yesterday was $3.99 a gallon. What's that, about $1.05 a liter..

Okay I have no complaint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're currently in El Salvador. The $USD is the official currency here.

Diesel is around $3.99 and regular is $4.25 a gallon. Guatemala and Mexico had similar prices when we drove through earlier. 

Sure beats $6.20 US / gallon currently in Vancouver Canada.

• Like 1

I live just north of Houston. Friday I took my gas guzzler to a gas station still at 2.89$ per gallon. After lunch I took the Acura for its monthly drive. The same station was getting refilled the sign was now 3.50$. This morning everyone is around 3.89$ one was at 4$. I’m going to start doing my morning walk in my yard.

I checked my IRA this morning. Amazing. One good note. My renters found a house and gave notice. My real estate person that handles checking potential renters out, has informed me that we can go up again. 150$ last time, 150$ increase again in six months. We do six months leases. It pays to live in a desired country with the highest growth rate in the country. 

37 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I'm mixing E85 in my non FF vehicles.  E85 is $3.25 and regular is $4.00.  In FF vehicles get it 100%. 

I used to use E-85 exclusively in my 14 GMC. I could get it 1$ cheaper at my local grocery store with their card. How much can you safely use in a non e-85 vehicle? I’d love to use it in my 02 Avalanche. Especially if I can get that same discount.

5 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

@KARNUTWhy not just do the e-85 conversion in your 02 😉

I use to always have a collector car or a high performance vehicle as a toy. They were driven about 5K miles a year. The Avalanche has taken their place. The last V-8. I still like to be cost effective. I not as concerned about horsepower or I would have kept my 92. The conversion wouldn’t be cost effective.

7 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Doesn’t the much lower fuel economy offset the lower price of E85?

Last time I checked 40 cents was the break even. I usually had a 1$ discount. That’s not the whole reason I used it. For awhile GM with E-85 and the 5.3 you would increase the HP and TQ. Getting it close to the 6.2. While the 6.2 needed premium gas to have basically the same results. With premium costing more. Also the packages you needed upgrade to buy the 6.2 it was more than a simple engine upgrade. If you did your research you could buy say a Texas Edition package with a 5.3 and with the E-85 and the 345 gear. Plus lots of other goodies and save a ton of money. People saying I got to have the 6.2 and paying for the upgrade for the SLT or Denali to get it adding about 15K for the pleasure. The other benefit was on trips I used regular gas with the savings that go with it. Not advisable with the 6.2. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I used to use E-85 exclusively in my 14 GMC. I could get it 1$ cheaper at my local grocery store with their card. How much can you safely use in a non e-85 vehicle? I’d love to use it in my 02 Avalanche. Especially if I can get that same discount.

I ran a 50/50 mix in my 2002 Silverado 5.3 that was not FF for over 40K miles with no issues.  Any higher and I would get a CEL for running lean on both banks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Doesn’t the much lower fuel economy offset the lower price of E85?

For me basically the cost of FF over Premium would be such that if FF was at least .75 cents less it was a break even thing even though I had to fill up sooner the cost was the same.  So to me it is well worth it for the cleaner burn and higher octane, not to mention I like the exhaust smell. :)

• Like 1

It's $3.99 for 87 octane now and either $4.75 or $4.89 for diesel depending on the pump.

That's a 20 cent increase from yesterday for gas and 40 cents more for diesel, in one day...