Fuel prices

KARNUT

On 3/6/2022 at 6:14 AM, KARNUT said:

We all know this is a man made problem the reasons very so let鈥檚 try to stay non political. I鈥檓 interested in how people are coping. Even retired my fuel costs will be 20$ a week higher. That鈥檚 not counting the other cost to the budget. The main cut for me will be is where I do my morning walk. My favorite track is a 20 mile round trip. My secondary is 12. I鈥檒l go there more often. I鈥檓 lucky I can adjust to limit the shock. There鈥檚 a time in my life this would be really painful. Thoughts?

If we all volunteer to go fight with Ukrainians against Putin and voila fuel prices drop. Ukrainians are doing the heavy lifting for the fat insular democracies who forgot how goods, services, commodities, and constitutions are protected.聽

15 minutes ago, customboss said:

If we all volunteer to go fight with Ukrainians against Putin and voila fuel prices drop. Ukrainians are doing the heavy lifting for the fat insular democracies who forgot how goods, services, commodities, and constitutions are protected.聽

If our current leaders would say we鈥檙e going to lift drilling restrictions fuel prices would drop tomorrow. From what I鈥檓 reading there鈥檚 plenty of fighters, not enough weapons.

9 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

If our current leaders would say we鈥檙e going to lift drilling restrictions fuel prices would drop tomorrow. From what I鈥檓 reading there鈥檚 plenty of fighters, not enough weapons.

Our leaders don鈥檛 control oil production. The oil companies do. Surprised you don鈥檛 get that. Corporate control. Not Government control.聽

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, customboss said:

Our leaders don鈥檛 control oil production. The oil companies do. Surprised you don鈥檛 get that. Corporate control. Not Government control.聽

Really? The government shorten leases on our land making it not profitable to drill. Took Alaska off the market. Shut down Keystone. Threatening other pipelines already flowing. Stopping or shorting leases offshore. Pushing electric vehicles before we鈥檙e ready to support them. It would be like having a pizza shop that鈥檚 popular and you want to expand. The government comes along saying your tomato field causes too much pollution. You can only have so much. The results you don鈥檛 expand and the price goes up. Same difference. I will not respond to you anymore on this subject, your delusional.

• Like 4

Well it's $4.99 for diesel, didn't even make it a week.聽 Good times.聽 Alright that means I'll say it'll be $5.25-$5.50 by the end of the month, probably more.聽 Really hope stations don't start putting $99/$100 limits on pumps I'm way too lazy to swipe twice :)

On 3/7/2022 at 9:04 AM, txab said:

Welcome back to 2008-. High gas prices don't leave much for some people to spend on other products. So you can see it's a vicious cycle.

I remember where I was in 2008 when I filled up my '98 K1500 with a 30 gallon tank and learned that the pump shut off at $100.00.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 6:35 PM, KARNUT said:

Really? The government shorten leases on our land making it not profitable to drill. Took Alaska off the market. Shut down Keystone. Threatening other pipelines already flowing. Stopping or shorting leases offshore. Pushing electric vehicles before we鈥檙e ready to support them. It would be like having a pizza shop that鈥檚 popular and you want to expand. The government comes along saying your tomato field causes too much pollution. You can only have so much. The results you don鈥檛 expand and the price goes up. Same difference. I will not respond to you anymore on this subject, your delusional.

Yeah really. We still live in democratic republic. US gov regulates but does NOT CONTROL oil research, production, export and import.聽 Why I said to head over to the authoritarian regimes earlier in this thread if you prefer to live that way. Based on your earlier commentary you seem to lean authoritarian. Conservative is NOT authoritarian but you seem to confuse the two. Misinfo and propaganda combined to ensnare the biased works. Luckily in US thats still a minority.聽

On 3/6/2022 at 8:14 AM, KARNUT said:

There鈥檚 a time in my life this would be really painful. Thoughts?

2008 was the "harbinger of things to come".

If a person were to eliminate all debt and live within their means it's easy to bank 70% of the weekly payroll check.

Remember the peeps that lived on credit were the only ones that really took it in the shorts during 1929-34. But I was not around for that lesson, fortunately my grandparents were and some of their wisdom made it to me.聽馃槈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw a program this morning intervening some oil ceos in response to the president statements on oil leases on government land. The leases are available but not the permits. Or the infrastructure like roads. The oil hasn鈥檛 been found yet it鈥檚 speculation leases. The length of the lease has been shortened also. Let鈥檚 face it, it鈥檚 not a friendly environment which can鈥檛 be disputed. Not long ago I watched on c-span the Democrats in a hearing with the oil CEOs. They one after another 聽berating them for producing too much oil. Global warming OMG, your killing us. You should be ashamed was the theme. These are the facts, no spin, and here we are.

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

I saw a program this morning intervening some oil ceos in response to the president statements on oil leases on government land. The leases are available but not the permits. Or the infrastructure like roads. The oil hasn鈥檛 been found yet it鈥檚 speculation leases. The length of the lease has been shortened also. Let鈥檚 face it, it鈥檚 not a friendly environment which can鈥檛 be disputed. Not long ago I watched on c-span the Democrats in a hearing with the oil CEOs. They one after another 聽berating them for producing too much oil. Global warming OMG, your killing us. You should be ashamed was the theme. These are the facts, no spin, and here we are.

Even some democrats are saying we need to ease up Biden restrictions. There鈥檙e worried about re-election. Again no spin facts.

4 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

2008 was the "harbinger of things to come".

If a person were to eliminate all debt and live within their means it's easy to bank 70% of the weekly payroll check.

Remember the peeps that lived on credit were the only ones that really took it in the shorts during 1929-34. But I was not around for that lesson, fortunately my grandparents were and some of their wisdom made it to me.聽馃槈

I have vivid memories of starting out first married. It was during Carter. Gas just doubled interest rates were very high. We didn鈥檛 go anywhere. I worked lots of hours. We were doing Ramsey before he went bankrupt and was doing Ramsey. Then we fled NJ and started over. I鈥檝e been debt free since my 30s except adding a house. I research constantly and stay informed. This is a direct result of the administration policy towards green energy. It鈥檚 a fact. We were at 3:50$ a gallon before the invasion.

• Like 1

One more possibility little known fact. There鈥檚 enough oil in reserve by the government. That could stabilize and lower prices while big oil gears back up to pre election production. Just making the atmosphere more friendly like restoring Keystone would do the trick. Wait until theses prices hit the grocery.

The Big Guy's old boss wanted gas to be at least $5 per gallon and he nearly succeeded.聽 Now they're at it again and hope to make it even worse.聽 The goal of course is the destruction of the middle class and these United States as we know it.

image.thumb.png.7e7917f7a5fd686377cd56adc437f549.png