Fuel prices

KARNUT

We all know this is a man made problem the reasons very so let’s try to stay non political. I’m interested in how people are coping. Even retired my fuel costs will be 20$ a week higher. That’s not counting the other cost to the budget. The main cut for me will be is where I do my morning walk. My favorite track is a 20 mile round trip. My secondary is 12. I’ll go there more often. I’m lucky I can adjust to limit the shock. There’s a time in my life this would be really painful. Thoughts?

Now that iam retired I drive less now so that helps my 2019 is 3yrs old this month and has 17,000 miles on it the wife has a 14 mile round trip to work but all in all these high gas prices is nothing but taking advantage of what's going on over there mean while the big oil company's will post there billion dollar profit report.

Will the price of fuel go back down after this is over iam sure it will but never down to where it was and what gets me is when the price of oil goes up the price at the pump goes up instant now that fuel made still in the ground and in storage tanks was bought at the lower price per barrel but when the price of oil goes down it takes forever for the price of gas to go down. I could go political but iam not.

• Like 2

The price at the pump is only the tip of the iceberg. Food price inflation is going to be the next hammer to fall. Energy costs are in-bedded in almost everything we produce and use but probably more so in agriculture than in any other segment in our economy. From the moment the farmer tips the hydraulics to drop the shovels in the ground to prepare the seed bed to that last mile to the grocery store, energy is at the core. Not appetizing I realize, but that buttered piece of toast you have with your morning breakfast, is actually diesel transformed.

Edited by garagerog
  • Like 1

Just in December my last trip east to visit my father in law there was a noticeable cost increase across the board. Gas,Hotels, food during the trip. We usually go again in April. My biggest concern will be a shortage like I experienced in the 70s. This is of course totally avoidable. My father in law is 92. Each trip could be the last. This really pisses me off for obvious reasons. 

In our small mountain town the price of gas went up 35 cents a gallon overnight recently. Currently $399.9 or $.400 to me.

An average 20 cents a gallon savings is 30 miles away, 60 round trip. 

As they say "It is what it is"

🛻

Edited by diyer2

Just now, diyer2 said:

In our small mountain town the price of gas went up 35 cents a gallon overnight on recently. Currently $399.9 or $.400 to me.

An average 20 cents a gallon savings is 30 miles away, 60 round trip. 

As they say "It is what it is"

🛻

You have to vigilant. A local gas station on Friday went up 50 cents a gallon from morning to afternoon. A delivery was the difference. Most gas stations in my town seem to be waiting to actual delivery’s before changing the pump prices accordingly. You can travel around my town and see vast difference in pricing.

I'll be coping by spending more on diesel.  Same as when fuel prices went up in '08 or whenever it was that gas was $4+ a gallon here.  At least now I'm a bit more financially stable and not spending half my take home pay to get to work and back.  It is what it is.  I've only ever owned a pickup and probably will always own one so paying for fuel is just business as usual.  I wouldn't be surprised to see diesel hit $5 a gallon, it's around $4.50 now.

I drive a 26 mile round trip to work. This will hurt my wallet quite a bit running premium at $4.30 a gallon. I do have some other cars I could take to work some days to make the wallet punishment a little softer.

No trips or excess driving now though. Trying to spend a little less on everything but my '96 Impala and truck still have small issues here and there.

Somebody is playing somebody else.

Allot of somebodies

😉 

Local COSTCO Kirkland is running about 50-60 cents a gallon below the average street price for 87 and a BUCK a gallon cheaper on 92. Yes, I can buy 92 cheaper at COSTCO than regular anywhere else.

All things Kirkland run on a 15% profit markup. So...... like I said. 

GOUGE

Worst of the bunch has been BP and Shell, Yesterday they were a dollar higher on regular. 

Some years ago, maybe ten? We had gas higher than this. I bought gas in upstate NY for over $5 a gallon then. Ran into a station in about 1972 in the Nevada desert over $6 a gallon. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear