Which running boards???

Picked up a Refreshed LTZ a few days ago.

Seems like a lot of of the trucks are not coming without any running boards installed

Anybody have any experience or recommendations on good quality running boards?

Not really interested in the power boards, a little too expensive and not too sure on how reliable they are.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:01 PM, bigRand said:

Seems like a lot of of the trucks are not coming without any running boards installed

Not really interested in the power boards, a little too expensive and not too sure on how reliable they are.

I bought mine off ebay and had dealer install. Dealer wanted 800 for theirs,  mine all in 330 alittle over a year ago.

Edited by denny noname

I like these OEM wheel-to-wheel. I bought them off CL. Someone ordered them new, but they had two small dents on the side so Chevy sent them another pair. I got them for $300. Easy to install. 

image.png

Edited by reeseb
  • Like 1

Mine has the same type as reeseb shows in the pic, but mine is a standard box, so the board goes further behind the rear door.

Still wheel-to-wheel. 

Happy with them. 

I like them better than the rectangular boards that were common on the previous generation.

• Like 1

I can’t stand factory or round steps I found these by HDX DROP NERF STEPS . I have a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 they cost $539 but worth it there heavy duty and tuck up under rockers with just step hanging down . I’d recommend put some undercoating on the removable steps they aren’t powder coated very well.scroll past blank spot for pictures . Simple to install, I did mine by myself.

12817DAA-09EE-4F68-BEA5-C8DB701E980F.thumb.png.283c81764309b9b20380216af489f9aa.png

4CD7690F-E12E-433A-94A3-6B91EBC0FD15.png

21CA43D9-C9F9-4829-BEF3-37E0EEE1E3EB.jpeg

Edited by Richard Toomey
Add pictures and edit description

On 6/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, bigRand said:

have you tried fitting the Tahoe or Suburban running boards, those are slick looking compared to the aftermarket steps

• Like 1

Mine is factory like other 2 gentleman’s vehicle. I have 6 ft 6 in box and it goes wheel well to wheel well. Nice and easy to clean back window stepping up onto extended board. 

9C68B0A7-362C-4DA7-8414-D23385C72C1D.jpeg

• Like 2

Even though I didn't have a pic, mine is a 'standard' box like TNT's.  As shown in the pic, the length behind the rear door means they can be used to help access something sitting in front corner of box.

I started buying boards in the '80's.

Trucks stock heights were lower, so primary motivation was to reduce / eliminate stone damage.

Flat styles do that better than tubes. 

Edited by redwngr
  • Thanks 1

I also have the RB20s and I like them a lot. I much prefer the looks over the others, but if they went wheel to wheel, they would be perfect, for the reasons redwngr and TNT mentioned.

IMG_1943.JPEG

Edited by bdallas
  • Like 2

Crew Cab 6-Inch Rectangular Assist Steps in Black Part No. : 84676694

$795 from Chevrolet.com and and 20% discount right now with code 'GET20" = $636 + Tax.Install was easy. IMG_7442.jpg.d999c77fe8639ebd3ca4e302393846ac.jpg IMG_7437.jpg.6f84efd027cfbc2e989c622d400ccbf7.jpg

Got these from Realtruck.com  Havoc HS2 Black Hoop Step.  Love them  Powder coated aluminum About $500 ( in Feb.)  Took me about 30 min to install start to finish.  

side steps.jpg

black grill.jpg