Constant white spots on trim

IMG_3149.thumb.JPG.068b9df49fab4590f1b1b4a7d64ef850.JPG

Does anyone else have this issue? It does not matter if I wash it (If I do not dry it), or it rains or use Trim Shine etc. I can get the white spots to come off but as soon as any water hits them again, they look like this. It is only the two cowl end pieces that do this. It makes my truck look like crap. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Extemely hard water.

That looks like water spots from a sprinkler. Nasty stuff to get rid of.

I gave Grumpy Bear a bottle of this stuff and he accidentally found that it works great on black plastic trim.

I've been using 303 with good results too.

51+W6z-J6kL._AC_SX425_.jpg

61QkXFT9tOS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

That's the thing though, I have gotten it off but then it comes back in the rain etc. It's definitely not the sprinkler system as the truck currently fits in the garage.

Meguiars G13616SP Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner, 16 Fluid Ounces

Wonder if this will work as well as the ones you suggested. I have this for the interior now.

I would try a proper ceramic coating. I used Adam's Graphene on all my black plastics and it looks incredible. I saw Project Farm had good results with Cerakote Trim Coat too. Deep clean first though, the stuff is basically forever. And buff off any excess coating right away.

• Thanks 1

Funny you said that. That is what I bought when we dropped my daughter off at work. I just put the two pieces back on the truck about 20min ago. They look good right this min. The test will be when they get wet. I would just try it today but....I just washed the truck so not doing it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue on those two pieces as well. Must be something about the material they are made of, none of the other trim pieces had this issue for me. I think I put Adam’s VRT on mine and that seemed to work well, likely not as long lasting as the Cerakote stuff. That’s definitely the better solution. 

On 6/30/2022 at 6:40 PM, Byrds8 said:

As an update, the Cerakote worked great. Its been in the rain and had windshield cleaner on it and no more white spots. Thanks for all the advise.

How do they come off? 

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

How do they come off? 

You pop the hood open and remove the antenna. Then they are just clipped in. The drivers side has two into the side body panel and one into the front cowl. The passenger side has two in the side body panel and two in the front cowl. They are not difficult at all.

• Thanks 1