2022 RST Speaker Replacement

I recently upgraded to the 2022 RST Refresh 3.0 and am looking for info on speaker replacements.  I had a 19 RST and pulled the door speakers (aftermarket Infinity) out when traded.  Crutchfield doesn't have anything on their website for sizes and options.  Looking to see if the door speakers will fit from my 19 and what size/best option for dash speakers.  I have an amp and sub that will be going in over the winter but want better clarity and sound while I wait.  Thanks in advance.  

On 7/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, papasink said:

I recently upgraded to the 2022 RST Refresh 3.0 and am looking for info on speaker replacements.  I had a 19 RST and pulled the door speakers (aftermarket Infinity) out when traded.  Crutchfield doesn't have anything on their website for sizes and options.  Looking to see if the door speakers will fit from my 19 and what size/best option for dash speakers.  I have an amp and sub that will be going in over the winter but want better clarity and sound while I wait.  Thanks in advance.  

I put some Audiofrog 6x9's in the front and 6" in the rear of my 2022 refresh LT.  Problem I currently have is that I have no clue how to access the dash speakers so if anyone figures that out...

Crutchfield provided adapters for the speakers that work decently well.

6 minutes ago, ddc1279 said:

I put some Audiofrog 6x9's in the front and 6" in the rear of my 2022 refresh LT.  Problem I currently have is that I have no clue how to access the dash speakers so if anyone figures that out...

Crutchfield provided adapters for the speakers that work decently well.

Yea the dash is different than '22 LTD. I can't find any videos yet and Crutchfield only has instructions for the '22 LTD. Let me know if you figure it out. Thanks 

On 7/16/2022 at 8:22 AM, mafd2 said:

Yea the dash is different than '22 LTD. I can't find any videos yet and Crutchfield only has instructions for the '22 LTD. Let me know if you figure it out. Thanks 

mafd,

give this a look.  I will probably try and swap my dash speakers out tonight once UPS delivers.  Seems the entire dash panel piece comes off after the A-pillar covers are removed.  Plastic pry tool I have from Crutchfield should pop the tabs loose.  Will update once I have a chance to do the swap.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 8:10 AM, mjonesjr84 said:

Did you ever figure out how to get the dash speakers out on the refresh dash? My new speakers should be here Thursday and I would like to install them this week.

Curious to know myself if he did. I haven't done mine yet.

2 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Curious to know myself if he did. I haven't done mine yet.

I will do mine this weekend. From my research you have to remove both A-pillar trims and then the speaker covers pop out. They are connected across the top of the dash with the piece at the base of the windshield.

19 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I will do mine this weekend. From my research you have to remove both A-pillar trims and then the speaker covers pop out. They are connected across the top of the dash with the piece at the base of the windshield.

Thanks man. Please take a few pics along the way.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 5:04 PM, mafd2 said:

Thanks man. Please take a few pics along the way.

The dash speakers are super easy in the refresh compared to the 19-21 trucks.

In my 2022 refresh with Bose, the front door speakers are 2 ohm while the dash and rear doors are 4 ohm. 

If replacing your dash speakers, there isn't a wiring adapter available. The driver side + wire is the blue with purple stripe. The passenger side+ wire is the white with yellow stripe. I used the PAC BB-2PR 600hz at 4 ohm bass blockers on the dash speakers.

To get to the dash speakers in a refresh interior, both A-pillar trims have to come off, then the speaker trim will pop up. The grills are connected to each other by the panel all across the dash. It pops up really easy. The HUD or Driver Alert trim comes off with it. There is enough wire that you don't have to unplug the Driver Alert light. See the picture for reference.

Just an FYI for those interested.

20220916_120413.jpg

Edited by mjonesjr84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1