2022 RST Speaker Replacement

14 minutes ago, capitalst said:

I can tell you that the Kenwood 2.75 for the dash sound perfect. Just wire up to the stock amp and all is good.  The JL Audio C1's in the front and back doors sound a lot better as well especially when you turn the sound up a bunch. Very good sounding.  They have broken in well and hit harder today than a few weeks ago.  I just received my GM Kicker subwoofer today. I plan to install this over the weekend and will provide my feedback. I have the 2022.5 Sierra SLT with the premier Bose setup so I will give my honest feedback on it shortly.  

Looking forward to your review.  I have a couple of things sitting in my office waiting to be installed.  I'm running out of weekends to get it all done before winter.  

• 2 months later...

I have a 2022 Silverado z71.  Anyone know how to replace the tweeters in the dash.  Previous models required removing the oh ****** handles and other dash items, but the covers over my tweeters look like they would pop off along with the cover over the defroster near the windshield.  I didn’t want to try to pop off if I was going to break something.

14 hours ago, Brandon Queen said:

I have a 2022 Silverado z71.  Anyone know how to replace the tweeters in the dash.  Previous models required removing the oh ****** handles and other dash items, but the covers over my tweeters look like they would pop off along with the cover over the defroster near the windshield.  I didn’t want to try to pop off if I was going to break something.

Use a plastic pry tool, pop the speaker covers up. The entire section of the dahs closest to the windshield and the main hump above the gauge cluster will come up. You do have to remove the A-pillar trim.

The picture attached shows my LTZ refresh dash apart so I could get to the dash speakers. I didn't take it out because I didn't unplug the LED alert.

20220916_120413.jpg

Edited by mjonesjr84

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...