Adaptive Cruise control

Is the change to uphill also when driving towards the sun when it is fairly low?

When camera (behind windshield, ahead of rearview mirror is blinded (sun, snow, mud, bugs etc) adaptive cruise kicks out.

I use adaptive cruise almost all the time. 

I've never had it kick out on a grade.

Edited by redwngr

Is it raining when adaptive cruise falls?  I was recently in Orlando, Florida and had a Honda CR-V is a rental car.  It had adaptive cruise.  Ended up dealing with a few rainstorms that were heavy enough to cause adaptive cruise to stop working.

My total experience with adaptive cruise so far has me glad I don't have it on my truck.  I doubt I'll ever purchase that option.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Larfudge said:

Adaptive Cruise Control becomes temporarily unavailable usually going uphill

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Larfudge.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Larfudge/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

14 hours ago, Larfudge said:

Adaptive Cruise Control becomes temporarily unavailable usually going uphill

Sounds like you were going toward the sun as stated above. There are spots I drive in the afternoon that will cut it off because the sun is glaring at that spot. After about a mile I turn it back on and continue.

• 2 months later...

I have had my truck since 12/2020 and up until about 3 months ago,  ACC worked flawlessly.  But in the last 2-3 months it kicked out 3x, 2x in one day on the same 200 miles run.  It shuts off and say its temporarily unavailable.  No other vehicles in sight, 2-lane rural blacktop, level terrain, no hills but long periods on cruise.   I talked to a GM service about it and they said, some times these electronics have a mind of their own and you won't find anything amiss?  Probably true.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:59 PM, Transient said:

Is it raining when adaptive cruise falls?  I was recently in Orlando, Florida and had a Honda CR-V is a rental car.  It had adaptive cruise.  Ended up dealing with a few rainstorms that were heavy enough to cause adaptive cruise to stop working.

My total experience with adaptive cruise so far has me glad I don't have it on my truck.  I doubt I'll ever purchase that option.

I'm 100% with you Transient ! My wife's 2015 Highlander has adaptive cruise and I hate it. I am very happy my 2020 Silverado does not have it !!

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, elcamino said:

I have had my truck since 12/2020 and up until about 3 months ago,  ACC worked flawlessly.  But in the last 2-3 months it kicked out 3x, 2x in one day on the same 200 miles run.  It shuts off and say its temporarily unavailable.  No other vehicles in sight, 2-lane rural blacktop, level terrain, no hills but long periods on cruise.   I talked to a GM service about it and they said, some times these electronics have a mind of their own and you won't find anything amiss?  Probably true.

Is the road shaded by trees in some spots? The reason I say is when I'm driving a road near the house it comes to a shaded part at the end the trees stop and the sun is bright and uncovered there. My ACC will kick off with the unavailable message. After about a mile I can restart the ACC and continue on without problems.

On 10/14/2022 at 4:07 AM, KARNUT said:

I dont use use CC in the rain. Otherwise my 15 CRV adaptive CC works best on two lane roads. Like anything else it takes getting used to. I find myself using it more. 

CC in the rain is a rookie move.  Try doing it in a blizzard, lol.

Note:  Nobody should actually try this.  Fortunately, if you do, GM has written the cruise control programming so it automatically disengages is the vehicle detects a slipping wheel.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...