22 2500 HD too tall

When I was younger I would put lift kits on my truck and bigger tires, this is my first 3/4 ton truck, just came from a 1500 2WD. 
this beast is too tall. Running boards will be installed at the dealer in 9 days, it's been 2 weeks of missery pulling these old bones up in there a couple times a day. I have to carry a milk crate if the wife is getting in. She hurt her shoulder her first time getting in. I'm hoping things get better with the big wide factory running boards.

Yep these trucks are tall. I had 2004 GMC 2500 4x4. I carried a step to get in the bed a little easier when camping. Great I order a truck with the multi-pro tailgate and thinking I no longer need to carry step. Wrong! :) Now I need the step just to check the oil.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed drop steps on mine only for the wife and kids. I’m 6’1” and athletic and I wouldn’t put a step on and getting down I feel like I might just jump past the step upon exit. 

I do however feel the steps I put on will save me from door dings!!