First tank in the new truck in the books. Not bad mileage for a first tank

So I kept trip one going from day one. Filled up today for the first time. Went 413.5 miles which is what the truck has on it. Got it with 7 miles and put in 28.90 gallons so hand calculated at 14.3mpg. I was averaging 14.5-14.6 in my Tundra and that was fully broken in. 
this tank was also mostly city streets lots of stop lights and only 5-6mi freeway at a time. Pretty happy so far. 

computer said 14.0 so it’s cool the hand calc was better. Usually the other way around. 

It said I had 80mi til empty too so I could have got close to 500mi on that thank. When I filled it says 512mi til empty now. 

Pretty happy for such a big truck. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the great mileage.  For mostly city driving, that is really good.  :cheers:

One of the most impressive aspects to this truck is its ability to maximize economy based on conditions.  I've never had a truck with fuel mileage that varied as much.  The only time it is consistent is when pulling a heavy trailer.  Outside of towing, I've seen anywhere from 12-ish mpg, to a mid 17 mpg.  depending on the type of travel, and conditions.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:59 PM, Pryme said:

So I kept trip one going from day one. Filled up today for the first time. Went 413.5 miles which is what the truck has on it. Got it with 7 miles and put in 28.90 gallons so hand calculated at 14.3mpg. I was averaging 14.5-14.6 in my Tundra and that was fully broken in. 
this tank was also mostly city streets lots of stop lights and only 5-6mi freeway at a time. Pretty happy so far. 

computer said 14.0 so it’s cool the hand calc was better. Usually the other way around. 

It said I had 80mi til empty too so I could have got close to 500mi on that thank. When I filled it says 512mi til empty now. 

Pretty happy for such a big truck. 

I don't see it under your profile or in the post, unless I'm blind.

Diesel or gas? 2500, 3500, drw?

• 3 weeks later...

Yup what Nards said. 

still happy with the truck! I haven’t driven it a ton yet it still only has 690 miles on it. It will never be a daily so I plan to keep the miles low. 

still easily getting similar miles per gallon to my Tundra and being that it’s about 1,700lbs heavier and way more capable, that’s impressive to me.