Cold start rough idle

Hey guys

I have a 2017 silverado high country 6.2L. Its been throwing a P050D code for a while along with random misfire codes, just seems to have gotten worse since its gotten colder. It idles rough but under throttle it runs great. Ive done plugs and ran a bunch of injector cleaner through it. Took it to my mechanic and he recommends trying to run some valve cleaner through it see if that fixes the issue. It has about 106000 btw. Anyone else have this problem?

I had the P050D pop up early last winter. I had a bit of a rough idle as well but ran just fine once underway. I cleared it and it stayed away for a bit. I think about a month later it popped up again and I cleared it again. A couple months later in spring, it came in again but this time also came with P0301. This pointed to the fuel injector on Cylinder 1. I brought it to dealer and they confirmed a problem with Cylinder 1 injector. They also said it was throwing a P0300 as well. They replaced it and I haven't had any problems since. I believe they said the fuel injector was stuck open. 

I have same year and engine LTX and had same issue two different times and it was sticky/leaky injector. I have since started running gumout PEA at each oil change. Cannot be sure it helps but have not had another failure. If you scan the ST and LT fuel trims they will appear to be out of balance also.

If it were me, I might look at cleaning the Throttle Body butterfly area & do the adaptation procedure & see if it changes anything. At 106k miles, I'm sure it needs cleaning. Just my .02 cents

• 3 weeks later...

@rav3 i did finally, after i posted the first time.. it started missing really bad one evening with p050d, p0300 and p0302 codes so that pointed to injector 2. It had got a p0302 code back in october as well but i changed the coil back then and thought that fixed it..  I bought 3rd party warranty when i bought the truck so turned a $620 bill into a $100 bill so that was nice.. just hoping if the other injectors are gonna fail or lifters go out it happens in the next 40k miles lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1