Am I the only one infatuated with the new GM infotainment center?

Don't get me wrong here, I love my 2022 custom model with it's little tiny 7" screen.  But damn....those 24's are amazing...I know they came out earlier in the 1500's but that infotainment center is to die for.  I love technology and always have.  I was the geek building computers back in the early 90's.  So I'm a total geek, well an old geek now but still a geek...They did an amazing job on that system.  I want one...but I love my truck so much that I will keep it for a long time.  But for those of you that are buying the 24's with that new infotainment system....I'm green with envy..... 

• Like 1

I like the opposite. That’s one of the reasons I like my 2002 Avalanche. Nice clean nothing going on. I use my phone for everything. Just to the left of me in a little cradle. My vehicles have a button on the steering wheel so I can switch to I-heart, pandora, mp3 or IPod. My hands are on the wheel and I’m not being distracted by a big screen while I’m driving. I see people all the time swerving around either pecking at their phone or center stack. They forget how much ground they cover while driving. Besides anti lock brakes probably automatic braking should be standard on all vehicles. I like my big screen in the living room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm with Stan on this one. My 2015 has a minimal infotainment stack which I turn off on entry. My phone goes in the ash tray or glovebox. I do allow incoming calls which I can answer with voice commands. If I need directions I stop and set up my phone. Like parking lot, key off stop. If the wife is with me, I let her do the setup while I drive. 

I am way to busy dodging cellphone users, junk falling off uncovered state rock haulers, County trash trucks dumping garbage, drunks and those to whom the law apparently doesn't not apply passing in the no passing zones and running stop signs. 

And squirrels! 

When you're trying to dodge a squirrel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree with both of you.  That's why I hate the interstates.  People running 90mph while looking down at their phone is the reason I use back roads to go to work and state roads to get other places when I can.  They are still looking at their phones or other entertainment, but at least are only running 40 to 60mph.  lol

BUT.........I still love that new infotainment system.  That is really cool...coming from an old geek of course...lol..

• Like 2

Oh come on....seriously???  I can't be the only one who loves the new infotainment system......Really??  Bastards...you all left me high and dry...I'm not buying the next round of drinks...Screw you....LOL....  I crack myself up at times... Hey I make my wife laugh so it's all good...

• Haha 1

I like technology that’s not wrapped up in a pickup. Meaning I love my new iPhone 14 pro because I love taking pictures and video etc. but it’s not connected to my vehicle, so if it messes up, it’s easier for me to have it dealt with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Oh come on....seriously???  I can't be the only one who loves the new infotainment system......Really??  Bastards...you all left me high and dry...I'm not buying the next round of drinks...Screw you....LOL....  I crack myself up at times... Hey I make my wife laugh so it's all good...

I am with you 100%. That is an awesome system, and I too would LOVE to have it!!! 10 years ago I would have traded in my new truck to get it, but I guess I am getting older and wiser.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flatus said:

The new interior/technology is absolutely awesome. I hope I don't end up feeling like I just HAVE to get it.

I'm a total tech geek...I'm hoping I can keep my eyes away from the shiny new object...Knowing me I will fail....but I hope not because I do love my truck!!!

• Like 2